Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD treatment/medication for people with coronary artery disease

ADD treatment/medication for people with coronary artery disease2010-12-08T18:23:24+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other ADD treatment/medication for people with coronary artery disease

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m forced by the forum design to post this as a new question.

I recently had a heart attack caused by coronary artery blockages. Stents were inserted and I was given both prescriptions and proscriptions.

Most drastic among the proscriptions was the order to stop taking my ADD meds (Dextroamphetamine) and reduce my caffeine intake to practically nil. This stimulant fast is playing Hell with my productivity and I need some alternatives. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I also have to say that I’m not entirely clear why blood pressure and heart rate increases created by the use of the medication is so much worse then the blood pressure and heart rate increases created by exercise. Can anyone explain this?

By the way, the heading immediately below the Post block is “Tags (comma seperated”. That last word should be spelled “separated”.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.caddra.ca/cms4/pdfs/cardiac.pdf

Check out this information. It gives you some clear guidelines on CV risks.

And hey melmoth, thanks for the check on the spelling.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)