Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD/Autism & Seizures TED talk

ADD/Autism & Seizures TED talk2011-10-03T01:13:08+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? The Neurology ADD/Autism & Seizures TED talk

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I thought this was extremely interesting. I first went to a neurologist after finding that my symptoms match up to almost all the seizure symptoms list, but he just checked my reflexes and then referred me to a psychiatrist for ADD. I certainly have pretty severe ADD, but a lot of my symptoms my psychiatrist can’t explain (not even including the wild jerks my arms and sometimes legs have!), but they are there on the seizure symptoms list.

I agree with this speaker that it is ridiculous that no one actually CHECKS THE BRAIN when diagnosing brain disorders!! I hope the technology gets cheaper so it can become more widespread. And it was shocking to hear about all the kids with autism and ADD that got better after just taking seizure meds.

http://www.ted.com/talks/aditi_shankardass_a_second_opinion_on_learning_disorders.html

REPORT ABUSE

g.laiya

wow! and why is this not being done for every person with developmental delays/aut/add dx?

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

Thanks for posting this. My son, who is now 25 was diagnosed with physical/verbal dyspraxia as a small child. As a teenager he was given an Aspergers diagnosis. Between one and five years old he used to have what looked like mild seizures. It was this that we first went to the doctors about. Hmmmmm.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

That’s interesting.

Throughout my life, I’ve had moments when I feel like I’m in a dream, as though the events around me aren’t really happening.

This happens far less frequently now than when I was growing up. I now know that this “in a dream” feeling can actually be a very mild form of seizure.

So, perhaps there really is a link.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)