Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Adderall dosage too low or too high?

Adderall dosage too low or too high?2012-02-20T02:33:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Adderall dosage too low or too high?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been on Adderall for about a week now, and the tolerance is outrageous. If I take 10MG IR is ok, but it only lasts for about one hour. 20MG IR lasts for about 2 hours and it’s incredible. I’m 5″11 and weigh about 170 and work out 5 times a week as well.

Should I increase the dosage? Also I find that when taking XR, all I do is feel anxiety for 5 hours and don’t really feel better at any point, but the IR is perfect but does not last long at all.

I have a theory that what is happening is that my brain needs a certain amount of Adderall to “Start up” and when it is slowly released like with XR, it just kind of brings it up and down into this shitty in-between zone that causes me to shake and be miserable. I think this is true because the higher instant doses have no side effects whatsoever and no shaking, and work incredibly (though not for long).

Any thoughts? Also I am wondering if maybe I need a higher dose because perhaps I am just severely inattentive ADHD or have Limbic-ADHD, because if I don’t take the Adderall I can’t hear anyone’s voice/music very well or pay attention to anything, can’t plan or think about the future, and I also don’t really have emotions which is the worst part. I notice when I take a decent dosage I have emotions and can do all these things, and also feel ‘relaxed’ and not ‘high.’ My appetite is also still fine and I can actually take naps while on Adderall.

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I figured it out. The dosage should have been 5MG :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)