Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Adderall XR Abruptly Stops working After Years

Adderall XR Abruptly Stops working After Years2019-04-17T14:53:13+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Adderall XR Abruptly Stops working After Years

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tammysdad2
    Participant

Hey all,

I am taking 20 mg citalipram, 25 mg Adderall XR, and recently started taking 40 mg of Strattera. I have been on citalopram for years and Adderall XR at 25 mg for 4 years. I take Adderall daily except weekends. Over the 4 years, it still works well, but has definitely diminished in effectiveness. I started Straterra two months ago after talking to my doctor about other options. I have seen no changes since starting strattera. Medications are to control ADHD, depression, and anxiety.

Starting this week, I noticed an abrupt change in Adderall effects. I returned to the ADHD/depression state of lethargy, apathy, and brain fog, inability to pay attention but also have been experiencing headaches, neck cramps, and my head feels “heavy”.

I’m trying to figure out what happened. I don’t normally take Adderall on the weekends, but I did this weekend. Did I over do it and deplete my brain of a neurotransmitter? Or am I completely tolerant to adderall? Or is strattera starting to cause problems?

REPORT ABUSE

dancraig1791
    Participant

Does this mean I can expect four years of clarity. Thank God! I never lasted more than six months in clarity and I’m 60 years old. Christmas and Adderall be praised! I’m not the man I was!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)