Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADDers Sleep Habits

ADDers Sleep Habits2011-02-02T09:12:01+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments ADDers Sleep Habits

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it common for people with ADHD to sleep walk or talk?

Both of my boys have severe ADHD and both boys yell, talk, hold conversations, make strange noises, sit straight up and stay sitting and sometimes walk while they sleep. Is this unusual?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

We seen that in our boy when he was younger, watch for side effects like that on cold meds, or any meds you give them

G

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My friend…… sleep walks and she even broke her foot during a night walk fall

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Even though it is not part of the diagnostic criteria I’ve seen a lot of correlation between the two while working for a counseling agency. I used to be quite the sleepwalker as well. This is just personal experience though.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t sleep walk but I know I am a restless sleeper; in fact when I was in high school I could almost “tell time” in my sleep. I go to bed with my head on my pillow a couple of hours later I wake with a “bang” my head hit a wall to the left of my bed; only to wake up again with my feet on the pillow followed by the weird sensation that my bed “shrank” my body was hanging off to the right side of my bed (i had a twin) only to be startled awake again to find my head back on my pillow again!

K

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

As a kid I was an ambitious sleepwalker, sometimes going across the house to sleep part of the night away under the dining room table. Once I even went outside and sat in the car, presumably dreaming that I was waiting for mom and dad to drive me somewhere. I also used to move around lots in bed, sometimes waking up facing the wrong way or whatever. I’m now 40 and don’t sleepwalk, and barely remember any dreams. It feels like I’m a rock when I sleep.

In general, my sleep habits now are crap. I see midnight blast by, and suggest to myself that now would be a responsible time to go to bed, but shrug it off as such a pointless idea. By 2:30am, it’s usually guilt that overpowers me to go to bed. Up by 7:00 typically, I wear myself down until my body takes over one day and forces me to sleep at 9:00pm.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about sleep habits a lot. I get no real rest when I sleep. I feel as though I am semi-awake. I can direct my dreams, I can change my responses to situations, It is as though I am a third person me, directing the dream me through the dream.

My dreams are usually a series of quick scenes, where I am trying to get something done, or trying to get somewhere. I usually meet obsticles that limit my choices and potential for success, until I have neither. I wake up several times during the night, thoughts racing through my head. I am not the hero in these dreams, more like a twig being swept along in the rapids of a river. I don’t remember ever waking up with a sense of completion. Usually I wake up, trying to remember what it is I forgot to do. Not restful.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)