Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD Awareness weeks coming up on Oct. Check it out gang.

ADHD Awareness weeks coming up on Oct. Check it out gang.2012-09-07T21:02:36+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other ADHD Awareness weeks coming up on Oct. Check it out gang.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Robbo

Here’s a link, there’s a poster you can print out, articles, n other cool stuff. This is a good time to educate some of the more hard headed people (idiots) out there.

http://www.add.org/?page=ADHD_Awareness_Day Hmm, the link says “Awareness Day” but it’s a week. Weird huh?

Goin bak to my musak now.

Later potaters.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey Robbo – given that time seems to just be ‘NOW’ for ADDers, then what’s the difference between a week and a day! :)

Guess even the organisers don’t have any concept of time…….. Talking of which, it’s getting late.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Yep that’s true, oh crap I just rememb

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Ok I don’t want to be a negative Nellie here and I’m all for promoting awareness of ADD. But….how is this poster going to help? The average person won’t go to the website. It’s very pretty and all but not exactly catchy with a hook. Especially if you are in a hurry it doesn’t make you want to stop. “The many faces” is a good idea but the graphic doesn’t really have any punch to make you think.

Or are “normal” people so boring that they’ll fall for it? :-)

Maybe if they had captions underneath the photos : Bessie — “forgets where she parked her car on a regular basis”

Bob- “stomps feet and makes loud remarks when standing in line”

Louise ” regular Costco shopper but lives alone “

Erin : has no idea what her bank balance is”

John – “has never paid a bill on time”

Anyway they would only have to look around this site for better ideas :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hahah – you don’t need to pin different names to those attributes – they all cover me!…and lots of us I suspect.

I had intended to print out the poster and stick up several around campus. But I’ll forget – or get the wrong week! Or maybe it’s a different week in the UK….or maybe it doesn’t have a week here at all?

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Ok now I feel bad – print it out and stick it up anyway – no one’ll notice it’s not for the UK anyway :-) At least if they have ADD that is !

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Oh dear…Please don’t feel bad – I thought your post was amusing. :)

Actually the reason I wanted to stick up the posters was to highlight the issue to someone I work with who has a ‘pull your socks up’ attitude to the ADD students. I guess I only really need to print out one and stick it on his office door. … and then hope he never notices this site or my posts!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Haha:-)

I don’t tell people about this site if I know them well incase they recognize me from my posts – I suppose that is rather paranoid . But if it was reversed I would be reading and trying to identify a person too :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I worry a lil about people I know reading my posts here too nellie. But then again. It’s not like I’ve got tons of friends out there who would even recognize me. Still, I’ve been thinking for months about re-registering. I’ve changed a lot in the last year. I’ll come up with a unisex name. Lot’s of my posts make me seem so dang crazy!.

I think a lil constructive criticism is not a bad thing nellie. Second guessing yourself isn’t either, it’s a positive thing for lot’s. That’s why I leave my longer posts on my desktop for a while. (also, cuz I like it when I make sense)

I wonder if they could have a contest for more posters, just like the video’s? I think they should have some that don’t necessarily promote this site. Then we can choose the one’s we want to print out, the result being more posters get printed out, and we might even remember to stick em up somewhere. Choosing the ones to let us print out is even more work for the crew here though. (my second guessing the idea of more posters, huh?) They could just let us vote on more than just the top 5 posters!. Hmm. But if they show em online for us to choose from, some of us might print them out before they get chosen… Hmm. So second guessing might be a “thing” too, huh? lol.

Maybe, maybe not. :-) I’m not a good “decider” so I guess that means I shouldn’t run for president, huh?. lol

That’s why they put the “edit” clicker thing at the bottom of our posts, huh?. Yep, it’s a “thing” (second guessing…) ?????????????????????

Ah rats…. I clicked on edit, but can’t remember what I want to change in my post… grrrrr. That’s one of the worst “things”…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)