Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD coaches in Quebec?

ADHD coaches in Quebec?2011-01-21T21:31:08+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any of you guys know of competent life coaches specialized in people with ADHD in Quebec (preferably close to the Trois-Riviéres area). Is there a public repertoire for finding these people?

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

What exactly is a Life Coach and their function????? Curiosity …… has the better of me!!! I’ve heard the term but……. what do a life coaches credentials look like???

Share…please???? Anybody?????

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

John –> If you ever hear about an ADHD coach in the Trois-Rivières area, let me know…I’m from T-R too!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Galenos,

I’m happy to know im not the only one here in Trois-Rivières with adhd!

Quite a bit has happened since writing that post, after starting treatment (medication) i’ve come to realize as you might well know that although the medication helps a whole lot and breaks down barriers, it doesn’t do everything!

I got in touch with my local CLSC (St-Joseph) who offers coaching built around a very well known program used by psychiatrists and doctors specialized in adhd treatment accross North America. It focuses mainly on acquiring skills to better organize and plan, controling distractibility and managing your emotions more efficiently. The program is free, a social worker comes to my house every week to discuss the different adhd related problems ive been having, we go over the material and we try to find ways to reach the goals that i have set for myself. Im in my third week and so far its been helpful, depending on how your adhd affects, you might find that you already know what to do but don’t apply it as you should and don’t understand the importance of these skills. The program helps you reinforce these skills and make habits out of them so that they become second nature.

This program is about building a good foundation so you can move on to other things.

If you are interested i can give you the contact of the person you need to reach to get into the coaching program.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi John

Do you know if this program is available throughout the province.

i live in the south shore of Montreal. I’ve looked at the possibility to get a coach. But it is quite expensive. If this program is available in my region. It would be a great help.

Thanks

Bob

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi John!

I too got in touch with CLSC (at St-Joseph’s) and was offered the kind of support you were offered. I got a few meetings with a social worker to work on a couple of specific points. Medication helps me a great deal and, thanks to many coping strategies I learned over the years, my ADHD is much more easier to deal with now…What a liberation!

@ Bob: I think this program was developped on a local basis by the Trois-Rivières CLSC team but, something similar is probably offered in your area. Contacting your local CLSC could be a good thing to do. Best of luck!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Galenos

Thanks for the information. I will get in touch with my CLSC.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)