Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD Pride Slipped a bit.

ADHD Pride Slipped a bit.2014-06-29T12:41:51+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Cranky/Arguing/Frustrated ADHD Pride Slipped a bit.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

makwa

Okay, so normally, I’m quite proud to be ADHD, today, not so much. I’m really frustrated, but I’m think I’m dealing fine. Today was an important date, so I spent all week preparing for it. It took every ounce of energy I had to keep going and focusfocusfocusfocusfocus!!!
    Yesterday I made a huge mistake and I guess I lost all that focus because today I can’t do anything right. My wife is mad at me, which is the hardest to deal with, and we’ve already had an argument, and we missed the big opportunity, which really sucks because times are hard enough right now.
    I’m trying to just pull those shoe laces tighter, and keep moving forward, but I’m so tired today that I can barely lift my arms. It’s really really hard to try to explain.

REPORT ABUSE

seabassd

Sometimes we just need to let ourselves take a break. Step away from the problem just a bit. Get regrounded  then come back. It seems counter-intuitive as our instinct is to push push push. I get in these spots from time to time where I’m in overwhelm and my mind and body are in shutdown. This is when I step back, rest, do something pleasurable, maybe take a nap, and or just regroup by doing something small to get the ball going again. One of the biggest things for me to remember is resilience. From time to time we may get bogged down. Remember it’s temporary and not the end of the world.

REPORT ABUSE

makwa

I did take a nap, and it did help. Thanks for your helpful comments. Typing it out here helped a lot, by the time I was finished typing I was already thinking of something else(the nap).

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)