Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD with a twist

ADHD with a twist2011-05-12T03:02:35+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

So … the shrink I am seeing suspected that I had a physical (DNA mutation) defect causting my ADHD and finally he did a blood test and found that I do, in fact, have 2 DNA mutations (MTHFR) (how appropriate a acronym??!!). This condidtion does not allow my body to convert folic acid into L methylfolate which is needed by the frontal lobe of the brain to function properly. So now I am on a couple of vitamins … one helps with the folic acid conversion and the other is straight l methylfolate. In addition he prescribed risperidone to help calm me when I feel agitation starting to come on. The l methylfolate is 15 mg and the risperidone is up to 3 mg /day as needed. The shrink also says that I am some sort of bi-polar as well … not the normal bi-polar but again something special .. lucky me!!?? The main problem is that I have already almost run my wife off and the shrink and a therapist and here friends are telling her that she needs to move out for a few months to get herself better. Needless to say, I am against this but we have the means to do it so she will go soon to one of our apartments to “heal” I will stay here at home to ??

Just wondering if anyone else hase heard of this DNA mutation and has any good of bad news/advice.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)