Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD/Executive Function Disorder and Dr Russell Barkley video

ADHD/Executive Function Disorder and Dr Russell Barkley video2011-04-06T17:45:30+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other ADHD/Executive Function Disorder and Dr Russell Barkley video

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone seen this video. Although long it is very informative. I would and have suggested it for young adults 16+ years of age with ADHD and parents there of. I warn them it is very long and they should watch only small blips at a time. I have gotten a tremendous amount of positive feed back. I was just wondering your thoughts on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3d1SwUXMc0

REPORT ABUSE

Bibliophile

I have watched that one and the CADDAC one on YouTube. Dr. Barkley’s interpretation of ADHD resonates with my own experiences and what I have seen in others. On the other hand, some family members whom I recommended the video to found his language somewhat negative, his outlook a bit bleak, and went balistic about his use of the word “retarded,” even though it was used in its proper medical context. Granted, they were in the “ADHD is a gift” and “ADHD people are more creative” camp. I should note that neither of the people I asked to learn about Barkley’s perspective have ADHD.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Librarian_chef

Funny I found the video anything but bleak, I thought Dr.Barkley offered great hope that there may be refinement in the diagnosis of adhd based on genetics and other factors. I also must admit the EFD he eludes to are just so “hitting the nail on the head” for my type of adhd..

Thanks for sharing

REPORT ABUSE

Lindstr7

Thanks for the link nj – I’ll check it out.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)