Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Affording your treatment when you're failing at having ADD

Affording your treatment when you're failing at having ADD2016-02-05T18:39:54+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Motivation/Staying on Track Affording your treatment when you're failing at having ADD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

loopdokter

Hi All,

I seem to get myself in cyclical situations of borderline poverty. I get a job, manage to keep it for a while and pay down debt. Once that’s done, I spend, spend, spend without thinking of the consequences. I then lose interest in the job or it doesn’t renew (most of my jobs have been contract in IT), and then that throws me into a massive depression because I can’t seem to hold a steady job. Due to the depression, I have this massive lack of motivation because it feels like the cycle is going to repeat and I will drive myself back into debt, despair, etc.

I’m 40 and still borrowing money off of my mom. I sometimes pay her back, but never have been able to pay her off due to my cycles of debt and depression.

How do I keep on track and afford to make the changes I need to make when I can’t afford them? How do I put an end to this madness? This isn’t the way life should be and I’m so frustrated with having seemingly the same things happen over and over again over a period of time. The only conclusion I have come to is that it’s driven by my mismanaged ADD. I take medication and exercise, but I think I need a coach.

HELP!

REPORT ABUSE

wiredonjava
    Participant

I think you are right to suggest a life coach. But how can someone pay for one when finances are an issue? I haven’t figured this dilemma out yet. Your story resonates with me, so know you are not alone. Keep fighting, my friend. I suspect there is a planet somewhere for us to belong.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)