Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

An impromptu field trial for ADD alternative therapy

An impromptu field trial for ADD alternative therapy2012-10-13T01:26:15+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Alternative Therapies An impromptu field trial for ADD alternative therapy

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

bucklipe

Take a look at the “Nutritiional Inattentive ADD Help, It Really Works”

It is about using coconut oil to supplement our brain fuel of glucose. In Alzheimer patients part of their problem is not being able to use glucose as a brain fuel. They give them coconut oil to provide a separate brain fuel and it helps them. It does not cure, it only helps.

Also, don’t sweat the “Eeek! Coconut oi, Cholesterol!!!” It turns out that coconut oil improves the good to bad cholesterol ratio.

I thought why not give it a try.

Take a read of the thread…

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

HEY! Is nellie the only one out there who is willing to give it a chance?

What about the rest of you? It is cheap to try and is immediate (OK 15-20 minutes) in getting rid of the brain fog.

Who wouldn’t pay 10 cents a dose for a clear head?

If you are not willing to give it a chance, why not?

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Not sure about the oil but I have noticed when I drink coconut water my thoughts seem to flow better.

I’ve read some studies that show there is no real significant increase in benefits to drinking coconut water like say over sports drinks but I’m going with If it works for me then it works.

Could be I like it better than water and get me more hydrated. Who knows.

I’ll have to take a look at the oil

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

Several of my local friends are trying the coconut oil test. I’m hoping it helps them too…

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Well still haven’t actually tried to make anything with my jar of coconut oil so just found this website to inspire me: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/coconut_oil_recipes.htm.

Seems like a huge resource.

REPORT ABUSE

Ricochet Rabbit

Bucklipe, is the “Nutritional Inattentive….” thing on this site or where? I heard about the coconut oil thing as it relates to dementia diseases but this is the first I’ve seen for ADD. What product(s) are you buying for the oil? And where? Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

The “Nutritional Inattentive…. is another thread that I started originally. Some people thought from the title of the thread that it was a spam or sales thing. I started using coconut oil after watching a video about it being used with Alzheimer’s. It stated that the oil can be used as another fuel besides glucose for the brain. The original thread is here:

http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2907

Post what your experience is. The main help for me is to remove brain fog. Everything is easier without the FOG!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Didn’t notice any difference. I tried it on 3 different occasions. Maybe it works for some people and not for others. I am surprised there hasn’t been more feedback.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

What if ADHD has different causes. Maybe some people are deficient in healthy fats (like omega 3 or coconut oil), some to vitamins or minerals, some caused by food intolerances/allergies (which there has been a lot of buzz about lately), and even some due to some sort of biomedical imbalance (like candida or dietary imbalances). You hear so much about some things working for some people but not for others. It can’t all be placebo effect. Maybe we’re all just different?

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

That is my thought exactly. In ADD, one size does not fit all. This is working for me and it is part of my dietary regimen now. I have found that a teaspoon 3 times a day is enough after the initial tablespoon 3 times a day. I would really like to get a SPECT scan done pre and post coconut oil so I could document where the oil is working.

I just hope more people will try it since it is a cheap way to help the issue. Adderall jacked up my “jerk index” and I was less patient and a bit snappish with people.

No negative effects with the oil. A lack of a positive, is that with the adderall my memory was improved but the memory is not helped by the oil. Well poop…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)