Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

An Introduction

An Introduction2011-03-11T23:53:05+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am An Introduction

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m 23 years old, I’ve had ADD (or ADHD) my whole life. I was diagnosed as a child. I watch the film “ADD and Loving It” on PBS, it was a real eye opener for me, along with reading a book on Adult ADHD. I feel some of the negative effects, depression, low self-esteem, etc. I was medicated a few times, but it never work for a long period of time. I came to a point, where I finally wanted to take charge and do something about it. I’m glad to have a place, where I can talk with others like myself.

I do have a question–If your diagnosed as a child, do you need to be re-diagnosed as an adult?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi TDM….can I suggest maybe you might know that better than anybody. I was diagnosed years and years……….and years ago. The thinking in those days was ADD was something you grew out of…. I don’t believe it, I didn’t believe it then It is a brain processing function, we don’t usually out-grow them. Einstein was brilliant for ever, he didn’t out-grow it!!!! I was one of the ( if not thee) first adult patient the ADD MD (only ADD MD in those days) in our city had ever seen……I am still blessed with an ADD type brain I’m 60.

that help….????

toofat

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)