Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

"And *I'm* supposed to be the one with ADD?"

"And *I'm* supposed to be the one with ADD?"2012-12-18T14:52:03+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Cranky/Arguing/Frustrated "And *I'm* supposed to be the one with ADD?"

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fabulous

Do you find yourself saying that? A lot? I know it is a characteristic of ADDers that we generally feel ‘surrounded by idiots’ but seriously!!! Maybe we are?!

REPORT ABUSE

MarieAngell

Yes. We are surrounded by idiots. Except for us, of course! 😉

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

LOL. Yes, I am perfect. Except of course when I fail to give complete instructions. Instead of asking “Please bring in the shopping bags,” I need to ask, “Please bring in the shopping bags and ensure that the open side of the bags faces up, not down, as you carry them. Signs that something might have gone wrong may include: 1. an empty bag when you enter the house, 2. xmas presents scattered a half block down the street and left overnight getting run over by traffic.” And instead of asking “Could you please grab the laundry from the laundry room”, I need to ask “Could you please grab the laundry from the laundry room and ensure that it is the CLEAN laundry before you fold it and put it away. Signs of clean include no stinking sweat smell on the running clothes, no subway goo on the jeans, and no splatter and tomato seeds sticking to the front of the shirts.”
    I love them to death but some days I find it terrifying that I am the ADDer!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just like driving- everyone going faster than you is crazy, everyone going slower is an idiot. Seriously, though, I sometimes wonder how anything happens the way it’s supposed to, or on time, when I see the combination of apathy and incompetence that seems to be more prevalent. But hey, there’s a lot of undiagnosed and untreated ADD, among other issues out there, and if I can calm my impatience and frustration, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)