Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Anger and coping with ADD

Anger and coping with ADD2018-02-04T02:02:25+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other Anger and coping with ADD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

edward
    Participant

Hello.
    I’m new to this site and want to get insight on experience with anger folks came across in the lives when dealing with ADD. I recall as far as l can remember anger playing a big role growing up with ADD. Can anyone share their story. I will add my experience thought out the tread.

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

Hello Edward and welcome to the forum,

Before I knew I had ADHD I would get angry a lot but most of it was kept inside and soon forgotten. There were times, however, when the anger would spill out and I would vent at some unsuspecting pharmacist (sorry Mo) or a jerk kid in the neighbourhood. When I discovered that I had ADHD I was angry at the world. I thought the diagnosis was a major blow and one that I would not be able to get past. Thank God that phase didn’t last long. Now I’m back to normal and my antidepressants help with my anger issues.
    I have spoken to a few people with ADHD that have a problem with anger management and needed help dealing with it. I’m not sure if it is common trait among us or not.

Regards

Richard
    AKA That Guy with ADHD

REPORT ABUSE

edward
    Participant

Hello Ricard,
    Yes, before I ever new of ADHD, I was know to go off the handle. This was before it was ever called ADHD. Teachers would call it day dreaming. Looking back now I believe my anger stems from the (undiagnosed) of back in the day. After wish continue through my years in the military. I not to mention both school and work. I try to control it through exercise, mediation and music and Art. Not always successfully, but always trying. Mostly it comes at me from those folks who aren’t even aware they are the cause.

Thanks
    Edward.

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

I wouldn’t say that I controlled my anger. It didn’t seem to last long. I do enjoy being physically active, creating art, and enjoying or creating music. I don’t know if that has been helping me control my emotions or not because it is something that I have always done. I can hyperfocus when doing them. I also enjoy learning about new things or designing things (wether I plan to build them or not). I think I do that the most. It can sure keep me entertained for days, weeks, or even months. On and off for the last few years I have been fixated with tiny homes and have gone through the design process many times.

If that controls my anger I’m happy with that.

Regards

Richard

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)