Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Anger problems/Memory with ADHD

Anger problems/Memory with ADHD2012-07-01T04:50:22+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? ADHD/ADD in Adults Anger problems/Memory with ADHD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, so my fiance has ADHD was diagnosed when he was young. He has been having problems remembering to take his meds that help with his ADHD. Along with forgetting to take his meds it also sends his anger way out of proportion. Is there any way (if anybody takes meds) that you can remember to take them without relying on other people? And if that works does it help with memory of every other thing and including anger problems?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder what medication he’s on. I used to take two short acting Dexamphetamine tablets and I would often forget the second one, now I’m on the long acting version (just one tablet a day) and I remember to take it on most days. I also used to get really, really cross when the fast acting medication ran out at the end of the day, but no mood problems at all with the longer acting one (the rebound problem of anger was why I switched drugs).

Maybe your fiancé can leave his tablets next to something he uses every morning like the kettle or his wallet. Then he’s more likely to see it before he leaves the house. Years ago a friend of mine used to blue tack her contraceptive pill next to the light switch in her bedroom, so she’d remember to take one ever night before going to sleep :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

He is taking Stratera, I tried putting them next to the computer(he is on that thing daily). So I try to remind him, but some days I forget. And once he has them in his system he is fine, but until then he is very angry and he gets that way easily. Besides me reminding him, and obviously the computer desk didn’t work what else could he do?

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

If it’s safe to leave them there, what about next to his toothbrush? Or the kettle if he has a brew first thing?

I forget to take mine sometimes too.

How does he manage his anger until they’ve kicked in?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)