Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Angry…adderall worked and was switched

Angry…adderall worked and was switched2011-12-16T22:11:53+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Angry…adderall worked and was switched

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone I’m new and came by to get others’ opinions and advice.

I was diagnosed with adhd when I was 8 but never took meds until I was 27…Was a little annoyed I waited so long bc the adderall (10 mg tiwce a day) worked so well! I went off the adderall when I had my second child and had to find a new provider bc I was done w college and couldnt go to their clinic anymore.

So the new place I went to gave me adderall with my records of tests and diagnosis and all that.

I got pregnant again and so didnt go to my 3 month appt to get refills. But I miscarried 2 months later and decided to go back on the meds. Well, I am a little flakey without any meds and it took me four months to actually make it back to the doc. That was the day before yesterday. Its a clinic with different provicers and my regualr PA left so they sent me to a new guy there. I gave him my diagnosis info (records in hand) and he saw what they had me on there 6 months earlier.

So he gave me the controlled substances rundown and tried grilling me about my symptoms and gave me strattera. I feel terrible…horrible and I almost have worse add. I know its only 2 days in but I just want my adderall back…it makes me feel like a normal grown up and these make me feel like barfing, sweaty, and very very irritated.

My kids’ dad thinks he must get a kickback from Lilly from prescribing thse and now I think he right.

I have no insurace so this is the only place besides a walk in clinic i can go…he doesnt want to see me for another 6 weeks and THEN he will refer me to another dr who may help me. any thoughts?

You think he was motivated by kickbacks?

I am on 40 mg and and am supposed to double the dose tomorrow but DO NOT want to. I want to stop taking it…should I?

How do I get back on my adderall and back into school and get on with things? I feel like I’m stuck spinning my wheels.

I cant think straight and Im ashamed to say this but I feel really agitated with my kids, :(

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Let me get this straight. You were on a medication that worked for you, and the only reason you went off it was because you were pregnant, but your doctor insisted on putting you on something else that not only didn’t work, but gave you severe side effects? What the heck is wrong with your doctor???

Talk to your pharmacist first, and explain your situation, particularly the debilitating side effects. Ask him/her to discuss the situation with your doctor, since it appears that your doctor thinks you’re just an addict, trying to get some “controlled substances”.

Furthermore, 6 weeks between appointments is much too long to wait when you’re on a new med that doesn’t work and has major side effects for you. Give it a few more days (if you can), and see if the symptoms & side effects improve. If they don’t, call your doctor’s office and make an appointment for as soon as possible.

If your situation is really desperate, you could go to your local mental health emergency department. You will be seen by a psychiatrist within a few hours. However, this is definitely not for the faint of heart. A mental emergency department is a very scary place, and you will encounter some people with very scary mental symptoms while you wait to be seen.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply…

I don’t think the doc actuallt thought I was an addict since I asked him to look through my records and it showed that in the last four years I have never needed a dose increase, never refilled it early, and signed a controlled substances thingy thta required me to take pee tests (always negative.)

I also told him how debilitating my ADD is (I’m 31 and have only lived without parents or someone else like a boyfriend or his parents a few months out of my life, that I cant hold a job that’s for more than 15 hours a week because I cant juggle the kids, signifacnt other’s sched., etc.) AND that I am jumping through the hoops of college trying to let me back in (financial ad appeal, etc.)

I stopped taking the med today. I pretty much felt like I had been poisoned and still kinda feel crappy. So I guess I will call sometime after xmas…

Only thing is, he said he’d see me again in the 6 weeks and if the crap didnt work he would refer me to someone else who may presribe adderall…which will probably take another couple weeks and right now, with the school stuff and my daughter starting school I am sooo overwhelmed and now is the time of all times I should be taking adderall….arrgh everything just feels like such a mess!…yesterday I went xmas shopping and locked my car keys in the trunk, forgot the bags I had bought at the store, forgot to bring diapers with me so my baby pooped and I I had to go buy a new bag o diapers when I’d just got some, and forgot to go pay my cellphone bill.

The other real annoying thing about all this is that strattera is a super expensive drug and since I went to a place where they are on a sliding scale, why would he give me something so spendy…I know it sounds paranid but I would really like to know if he gets money from a pharmacy company everytime he writes a presription for this piece o’ crap bad drug.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, my new appointment is this saturday (new years eve. right? i think) so I am hoping my doc doesnt make me jump through any more hoops before giving me back my poor-brain meds. I am super busy and super struggling and feel so totally overwhelmed that Im scared I wont get all the little details finished and get registered for classes and all that stuff for school :0

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)