Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

any medications for heart patients

any medications for heart patients2010-02-26T18:00:40+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication any medications for heart patients

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lornecherry

I’m caught in the diactomy of knowing that there are helpful medications for my ADD, but that none seem safe for my cardiac condition(s) (former heart attacks, bypass, stents). I am currently under the care of a very good cardiac psyschiatrist (yes, there is such a thing, and one of the benefits of living in Toronto), and he has been somewhat helpful; but his spectrum of prescribable drugs is so limited by my cardiac condition, and he fears (rightly so) that any stimulant within the spectrum of ADD drugs is simply not prescribable for me.

So I seem destined to be run off my feet and stressed-out from classic ADD symptons (which he also diagnossed me with and for which I fit the profile to a T).

Is there any class of medications that could help me? I was on a well-reseached drug (Citpralex) for my depression (which I see as a manifestion of post cardiac events; but also ADD realted) …but with limited success; other than seeming to treat my “lashing-out anger” by making me more submissive and lethargic …not a place where I want to be, and perhaps further contributing to lower self-esteem and procrastination.

I am thus caught in a viscious circle of having to put my heart before my head.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.caddra.ca/cms4/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=133&lang=en

This link will help.

Cardiologists are not giving their blessings like they used to but if you are not in a risk situation, you should be safe. Give your cardiologist this information and work out some solutions.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m in mid-40’s with a defibrillator due to Long QT arrhythmia, and a recent ADD diagnosis. My cardiologist says no-way no-how to any of the listed medications (I had cardiac arrest at age 12, and my sister died at age 17). I’m (re)-committing to using “planning” to help deal with life better, but am still finding it difficult… I’ve spent the last year only “sort of” getting stuff done while working at home… but find myself functioning inefficiently, as “BILL” does in many of the videos….

Are there any other suggestions regarding diet/things to add or avoid?

Otherwise, this site is a godsend. Now I only have to get my spouse to understand.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)