Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Any psychiatrists on stimulant medication?

Any psychiatrists on stimulant medication?2010-01-20T11:28:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Psychostimulants – General Any psychiatrists on stimulant medication?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

I have been reading alot of information regarding stimulants (I myself take concerta). Correct me if I am wrong but I have read in many places, even in Dr. Hallowell’s book “delivered from distraction” – that there are no real studies on the long-term impacts of taking a stimulant (besides caffeine). So I suppose its a decision we as individuals need to make by ourselves, – So I was wondering if anyone knew of any psychiatrists with ADD how have been taking medication?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ADHD does not exclude physicians. I treat at least two medical students from the entry class at the University of ‘Toronto every year. And psychiatrists…….they are not excluded either.

ADHD affects every social group and every race, ethnic group and population.

There are long term studies that go into their 20+ years on meds (Weiss and Hechtman).

But, the agenda is always to change lifestyles though the meds may be important in facilitating that change.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)