Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Anybody else have a hard time waiting for the virtual doctor?

Anybody else have a hard time waiting for the virtual doctor?2012-08-22T07:48:58+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am Anybody else have a hard time waiting for the virtual doctor?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

It took me three tries to get through the virtual doctor diagnosis on this forum :) I kept getting bored and opening other tabs…. The third time around I finished to find that I had all the symptoms. Surprise!

REPORT ABUSE

wawabyjohnah
    Participant

Yep, same here. It is soooo slow (no offense Dr J) and I just want to click ahead so I can get my results. I’m a fast reader so I don’t need to listen to Dr J asking the questions. I know you can answer before the end of the question but you still have to wait for the screen to catch up with you. Plus I’ve done it quite a lot of times whilst waiting for a diagnosis (11 months and counting) and after discovering new symptoms so know most of the questions anyway.

But I think it might have been different the first time I did it. I think I listened very intently as I was discovering all about ADHD and the possibility of having the disorder.

REPORT ABUSE

Rocky

lol, yeah, I actually cut him off in mid sentence at least two times..

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

LOL I tried loads of times before I managed to get through it all. I kept switching to a different site to read or watch something and forgetting I was meant to be doing the test, then I’d forget what he’d asked or realise I hadn’t heard it…

I played it for a dyslexic friend recently who thinks her partner has ADHD and she managed to get through it in one go but was clearly having trouble waiting too.

It’s a brilliant resource but I think there should be a written version too.

REPORT ABUSE

Abbysanne

YES, PLEASE===a WRITTEN version

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I had similar problems about 10 months ago. I only got through the first 9 questions then it stopped. So I just emailed the folks at totallyadd. Then it worked. I’m pretty sure they’re going to be re-doing a lot of this web site this fall. All the lil and bigger problems like this will get fixed. It helps if you send them an email though, communication is great. Just click on the “Got Feedback” thing on the left margin with the thumbs up n thumbs down. There’s an option to print out the results of the virtual doctor test. That’s part of what I did when I started working my way through doctors, social workers, and finally a psychiatrist. Then finally my GP wrote the prescription after consulting with the psychiatrist.

What an adventure… it’s been a long strange 10 or so months. Everything in my life is different now. Well not everything, but lots!. If I could just keep my head out of my rear end all will be right in my world… :-) (mostly….)

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

NO!! Not a written version! (Dyslexic here)

I hyper-focused on the test. Missed a phone call from my Mom.

Took the test again.

Hyper-focused again. Let the water boil out of the tea pot.

Wondered what the shrieking alarm was in the kitchen.

Turned off the burner and slowly cooled off the pan.

Started another pot of water.

Took the test again.

Hyper-focused again

Compared the results

1.5 years later, I am in counceling and on meds.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

I presume there’s no reason why we can’t have both – written and Dr J’s verbal one? It’s a standard test – the written version is on the web elsewhere and quite accessible. It would be nice to have it here.

I know what you mean about Dr J’s version being a bit protracted – but generally I liked his approach. I had already done a paper version so the questions weren’t new to me. However, when I did the test here the concept of me having ADD was new and it was rather nice to have the questions asked by a real person with some presence but who was friendly too. Somehow it made it OK and a nicer experience than the clinical paper version.

Agreed – if you just want to get it done and fast then a written version might be better for some. But at that time when ADHD was just starting to be a reality for me, I appreciated the video. It kind of matched the rest of the site.

But there seem to be two issues under discussion or is that my warped perception? The first is the speed of the video per se and the second is that it crashes? When I did it last year, it got stuck a few times which was frustrating – but I put that down to my rubbish internet connection?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just thought it was funny that I kept getting distracted during the test itself :) Totally agree with shutterbug!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I wonder if Dr. Jain intentionally took it a little bit slow just for fun, many of us are impatient. Here we are a bunch of months later and I’ll bet if I took the test I might not feel impatient. Scattybird, yep, there are 2 problems people have with it. One, when I first took the test, it just stopped after the first 9 questions. I just found the email connection for feedback and told them about it crashing. Then I took it again and it worked. I can’t remember if it was slow, hmmm.

REPORT ABUSE

Ricochet Rabbit

Robbo, I was sure Dr. Jain (and the TotallyADD peeps) were messing with us. Maybe not but it would be funnier if they were.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Either that or we’re just paranoid :-) At least it’s a fun kind of paranoid. Probably a result of being a prankster off and on for muck of my life. I’m always sort of “on guard” against other people pulling a prank on me. Make sense?

Prankster Karma.

REPORT ABUSE

Ricochet Rabbit

Robbo, yep, totally (bad pun…).

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

Hi All,

We are trying to figure out a way to speed this up. Other than speed up the video. Ha! We will keep you posted.

Hopefully the posting won’t take forever to download.

(And no, we aren’t messing with you! We aren’t that clever. Ha ha)

:-)

R

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Uh huh. shuuure yer not messin with us. You betcha!.

Murphy’s law will probably get us on this one.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)