Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Anyone else have coexisting mental conditions besides add??

Anyone else have coexisting mental conditions besides add??2016-10-20T12:57:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? Anyone else have coexisting mental conditions besides add??

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eashline92
    Participant

I do and it absolutely sucks. I have depression, anxiety and Aspergers on top of a.d.d! It is hard balancing all 4 of them, But with the right medicine and good counseling services I am starting to feel more in control. But lately on the home front things haven’t been good, my parents keep belittling me by saying my ADHD is just my excuse for my poor behavior. I am about ready to go through the roof

REPORT ABUSE

hstew

I think it’s the rare exception that someone only has ADD,  unfortunately.  YOU know it’s not an excuse.  I know you’re young and it’s got to be so hard to let those comments roll like water off a duck’s back.  But, do your best.  I had a friend (who is so darned cute) tell me to talk to myself, “I’m a duck, I’m a duck, I’m a duck!” with arms pulled up like wings, ROFL.  It was so funny that I decided to try and it does help me.  Humor helps a lot.  You seem like you have a lot of personal strength, which is awesome!  Hang onto that.  You’ve got a tough road ahead, but you can navigate it.  Hang in there!

REPORT ABUSE

eashline92
    Participant

Thank you. I am doing much better. I am on the right meds now so I can focus and keep my head on straight. It’s a challenge but I like challenges

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

I think Dr J wrote a paper or talked about coexisting mental conditions of ADD. The official term is called “Comorbidity”. Follow this LINK to an article that got me started in this subject.

Hope this helps.

REPORT ABUSE

eashline92
    Participant

Thank you so much. I have been doing a little research and other mental conditions can exist with adhd

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)