Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Anyone have success with treating agitation and impulsiveness with medication?

Anyone have success with treating agitation and impulsiveness with medication?2013-01-16T22:00:49+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Medication Anyone have success with treating agitation and impulsiveness with medication?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

I’m finding it really difficult to do things because of being agitated and impulsive.
    I’m interested in taking medication to help. I take Vyvanse which only helps with not procrastinating.

I was taking Strattera and found it helpful but it wore off. I’m wondering
    if anyone has tried any other drugs that has helped with agitation and impulsivity.

Thanks for your time!
    Jeremy

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Remember, meds for mental issues are never one-size-fits-all.
    So what works for one person may not work for you.

Also, meds won’t solve all of your problems. They’ll just help you learn how to function better. But you need to do the work, yourself.

Dr. J. says that the trick is to decide which of your symptoms you want to target. That way, you & your doctor will be able to assess how well a med. & dosage are working for you. If it reduces those symptoms, then it may be the right med & dose for you. If not, then you & your doctor will have to change the med &/or the dose.

After you’ve gotten those first couple of symptoms under control, then you can try to tackle a couple of others.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Welbutrin helps tons. Give that a try maybe.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Oh yeah, I just rememberd. Coffee helps sometimes. I won’t be able to get any ritalin untll next month so it will just have to suffice. Chemically speaking of course. In the larger sceme of things I know I’ll just have to mello out though.

We know this. Doing it. That’s the problem…

will you guys stop sending me notes for a few days? please?. I can’t figure out how to set myself up with a premium membership. I even called n tried to harass the bosses at the office. A very nice lady answered the phone and mellowed me right out. Hey!!!, I know.. just call someone nice n be patient about what ever they say. That can work.

That’s what I heard on the news.

REPORT ABUSE

anniea

Impulsivness and agitation YES!! Antidepressants are a godsend for me. On Prozac now but took two others that I have spaced the names. Impulsivness more ritalin.. and meditation/mindfulness. Watching my sensory overload also is a trigger for aggitation.. even at home with tv/ dogs/ cats/ computer.. uuuuggghhh… I degress.. just remember DON”T EVER just STOP medications..

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)