Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Anyone out there with ADHD and OCD?

Anyone out there with ADHD and OCD?2010-12-19T08:56:07+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Anyone out there with ADHD and OCD?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ADHDMOOSIE

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else is dealing with ADHD and OCD — to be clear – I personally am in the beginning phases of educating myself and obtaining resources to deal with what I believe is ADHD and OCD — I am a RN – so I have some training – but certainly not expert in this field – I work in an ER setting.

Anyway – from the little bit of reading I have done in the past – there’s a certain percentage of OCD with ADHD – NOT fun!

Does anyone else have experience with these issues?

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My ADHD friend describes her ADHD as being “OCD and out the other side”…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ADHDMOOSIE

Hi How are you

I’ve been living with ADHD and OCD all my life and it has not always been a picnic

seems like I only get treated for either one or the other and never get real answers

Meds have really helped the OCD but I often wonder which disorder to attribute certain stuff too

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi! I hope that you are learning ways to deal with your OCD and ADHD. I, in fact, have both, and was unaware of the ADHD until medication masked some of my more prominent OCD symptoms. I have always had symptoms of both, which made it difficult to diagnose. I figured that all of the symptoms were just related to my obsessions and compulsions. Instead, the ADHD symptoms became worse with treatment for OCD. However, it turns out that a lot of people with OCD also have ADHD– it is very common to have both. I sometimes feel like I am crazy because I had to be “lucky” and get two things that are hard to deal with on a daily basis. I know that there are a lot of people out there who will try to tell you that you are in control, and that these things in your head can be erased if you try. I know that there are ways to calm the symptoms, but there is no way to get rid of these things completely. I have been in treatment for about 7 years now, and I am very glad that I finally chose to take the route of medication. I went through years of therapy with very little improvement. Some things you just have to accept as chemical imbalances. The good news, though, is that there are a lot more people like us out there! I hope you find some relief!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been diagnosed with OCD which has been in remission for awhile, at least the worst of it. I was treated with Anafranil for several years. Only lately have I realized that I probably have ADD, too.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)