Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Anyone tried the naturopathic/homeopathic route?

Anyone tried the naturopathic/homeopathic route?2011-03-20T22:13:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Other Meds Anyone tried the naturopathic/homeopathic route?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was wondering if anyone has tried with any success a naturopathic or homeopathic solution to ADD/ADHD. I know that while pharma meds appear to be the most successful, not everyone can take them or afford them. I know I had some success with a 2-week trial of Concerta, but I have to wait until I get some paperwork done and approved before I can get funding for my meds. The difference it made was I was self-aware rather than self-conscious and could focus better. I am in a situation where I am freelancing, with no savings living pretty much hand to mouth.

I would be grateful for some anecdotal feedback on the natural stuff. My neighbour is an ND and would likely give me some sort of deal on advice and remedies if I went that route since I do some things for her.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have diabetes and ADD. Could not locate adequate diagnosis. Had glimpses of good days only when fresh in the morning. Started the holistic way and wow, I’m getting normal. St Johns Wort did a lot and 1mg. Lorazepam every now and then. Best thing is just realizing what normal is. Once you get hold of that “feeling” then I would apply calmness and breathing to the situation. I guess I have it handled. People say I don’t ram my personality down their throat with unstoppable contempt. Also noticing what is acceptable, socially, and what is not helps a ton. I felt like Charlie Sheen seems! I see him and I think that he has it also. I could be his twin brother from a different mother. Anyone with thoughts on poor C. Sheen? Let us pause and take a deep breath for him.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sheen is definately an addict at this point. My guess is that he is self-medicating to avoid anyone “finding out” whatever mental “glitch” he has. ADHD (or whatever he might “have”) is not a shameful conditon, but he is. What is sad, is that he has enough money to get the proper kind of help and meds. Yet he chooses this route? He sounds exactly like my recovering alcoholic cousin and my drug addicted brother. Both said rehab was a joke. He might be ADHD under all that, but it’s hard to tell above the bravado. He’s definately in “pain”. The writing is already on the wall. We all know there’s a problem. He can’t shut up. I really hope that he seriously seeks help . There are too many children involved. I hate to sound cliche but I hope he does it for the children.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, nightshift, I got all wound up about Sheen.

I’ve also heard that St. John’s Wort can help. Mainly for the depression, but I’ve heard it recommended for ADHD. It’s not as good as Concerta or Adderall, but if you have no health insurance… I’d give it a try. I’ve heard you have to be careful with it. Not to take more than suggested.

Here is a website with more info: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/stjohnswort/ataglance.htm

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)