Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Are ADHD Medications Overprescribed? – Wall Street Journal

Are ADHD Medications Overprescribed? – Wall Street Journal2012-09-18T17:15:56+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? The History Are ADHD Medications Overprescribed? – Wall Street Journal

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Irish10
    Participant

JimC.
    Participant

Is the Wall Street Journal over-subscribed? Must be. Does this mean we now check medical papers for financial advice and breaking news? 🙄

REPORT ABUSE

Irish10
    Participant

Good point JimC. Although, the WSJ has a section of the paper called Personal Journal, for non-financial related information. Btw, checking medical papers (non-publicly released) for financial advise could be considered insider trading if it’s information not generally available to the public. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Good article. I agree with the first doctor though, particularly this: Many other problems, such as learning disabilities, anxiety, sleep apnea and child abuse, or a child being gifted, can cause symptoms that may be misdiagnosed as ADHD. Too often practitioners don’t take the time needed to make that distinction.

ADHD needs to be diagnosed or excluded carefully and I know people whose children were ‘diagnosed’ very quickly indeed. I also know a teacher who has had several children in her school whose parents prime the kids to ‘play up’ to get medication and then sell it.

As someone with experience of highly and exceptionally gifted children, I also know that they are being misdiagnosed with ADHD FAR too often.

We all know it’s real and that drugs are a lifesaver. But we have to be VERY careful that this is done properly and, as yet, it isn’t always. Not even nearly always.

However, what he failed to mention was that there are many others who are failing to be diagnosed who are not accessing help and that is as big a problem.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

instead become merely a channel for them. The media and the Hermes Outlet public are supposed to be on the same side. The media, when it’s functioning properly, protects the public against Hermes Wallets marketers and Hermes Birkin Replica their ceaseless Hermes Birkin attempts to trick people into buying things. I’ve come to realize

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)