Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Article for local newspaper, need definition

Article for local newspaper, need definition2012-10-05T21:03:07+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? ADHD/ADD in Adults Article for local newspaper, need definition

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Shadow Nexus

I need a good definition of ADHD. I can use for an article for the newspaper. Can the admins help?

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Try starting out with this : http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2922 And maybe after each symptom give a more specific example from your own experience to make it more entertaining. Maybe add some funny stuff and of course remember to list the many positive aspects of this condition. The new DSM etc. thing is pretty dang negative huh?.

Maybe the inability to find our strengths and stick to them instead of spending too much energy trying to do a job or career we’re just not cut out for. Many of us have wasted years of our life due to our inability to just give up on something we stubbornly forced ourselves to work at even though it made us miserable. These are specific adult ADHD problems that cause the depression and stress many of us end up living with.

Watch some of the video’s here for some material you can steal. :-)

Describe “A day in the life of a typical ADDer” Just to keep it interesting. Better yet, one of your days in the process of getting treatment and making positive changes/getting positive results. Too many newpaper articles make us look bad. Show how peoples life’s get better with a little medication and lot’s of behavior changes. Make it look like the fun is really can be sometimes. Oh I know!, check out that thread entitled “Never ending ADD humor” http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2237 For some good material.

Just a lil off topic now… I’ve been having a hard time getting along with my ADHD symptoms lately, but it’s not killing me. I’ve even been almost trying to just forget it’s part of my life lately. I’ve got other crap bothering me… It’s almost good to be distracted from focusing on this ADHD issue so much. It’s really taken up too much of my time and energy over the last year. We can make it smaller, but we can’t make it go away. At least I can say it’s a lil smaller these days.

Good luck on yer article. If you like how it turns out, maybe post it here. It would be cool to see an article written by one of us.

10-7-12

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

G’day Robbo! I really like that ‘we can make it smaller, but can’t make it go away’…it’s a beauty! :D

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

Read my post, what’s your superpower? Think about the amazing things we can do. Say something about them. ;)

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Read your post? The whole one line of it? 😆 My superpower is the ability to fuck up almost everything that I touch. Literally, everything! I’ve broken things that are unbreakable. I’ve lost things that just cannot be lost (ie. a 6 metre length of scaffold in a river). I’ve caused uproars in places that had never seen one before. I’ve had nuns wanting to kill me. On and on it goes…. 8)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)