Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Asperger vs ADHD, what's the biggest difference?

Asperger vs ADHD, what's the biggest difference?2011-01-04T20:01:04+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Asperger vs ADHD, what's the biggest difference?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Someone in one of the forums, told me at some point in the past that he thought I had Asperger. At the time, I read a bit about Asperger but quickly rejected the possibility. A few days ago, something happened (I can’t remember what) that made me rethink the possibility. I’m searching the web about Asperger. What I read so far leads me to believe I might indeed have it. I was wondering if it was possible that I had been misdiagnosed with ADD, but looking at the list of ‘symptôms’ for ADD… no, I got that all right. Then I wondered if one could have ADD AND Asperger. I found the answer in one of the topics here, yes!

So I will take the test js-cart. Thanks for the link. I’ll aslo talk about it to my neurologist and my psychotherapist.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moka, very interesting, purty darn sure my husband has Aspergers. Good luck, your posts have helped me.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just took the test:

Autism quotient – 37 out of 50

Empathy quotient – 17 out of 80

Friendship and Relantionship Quotient – 27 out of 135

Systematic Quotient – 10 out of 80

Revised version of SQ – 37 out of 150

The first 3, if I read the results correctly, indicate Asperger

The fourth one is not registered

The last one indicate normal f (female)

I must say some of the question were vague. I couldn’t relate to them really. And the questions about what friends think… I don’t really have friends.

REPORT ABUSE

caper

ADDave: I forgot to specifically comment on concerta. It does wonders for my impulsivity; both 36 and 54mg seem to eliminate my short temper so I no longer yell at my kids when they frustrate me. 27mg doesn’t seem to be enough, but it does help.

For aspergers stuff, I use my analysis skills to try to make up for my poor emotional perception. Read Paul Ekman’s “Emotions Revealed”. Daniel Goleman has some good stuff too. It won’t help you feel other people’s subtle emotions, but it will help you make a good educated guess about what they are feeling and act accordingly.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it’s possible for a person can have a number of autistic traits, but not enough to be described as having Aspergers. They used to think there was an Autistic Spectrum, with Asperger’s being the mildest form and going on til you get the folks who are severely impaired. However, they’ve found now that parents with an Asperger’s child have more autistic traits that so called “normal” people even though they don’t have enough to have Asperger’s themselves. So I think the Autism Spectrum now starts at Normal (with no autistic traits) and goes on a ways til you come to Asperger’s and on. The fewer autistic traits a person has, the more normal they seem. I read a study that was done on college students, and students at MIT have far more autistic traits than students at other colleges and universities. Interesting.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)