Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

BC PharePharmacare Coverage. (Plan G)

BC PharePharmacare Coverage. (Plan G)2011-03-27T09:15:42+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta BC PharePharmacare Coverage. (Plan G)

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

When the Registered Psychological Nurse and I pushed my psychologist to test me for ADHD, He gave in and asked me the questions. He put me on Concerta, and it flipped my life around, to the good side. I lost 40 pounds in a few months. :) :).

I was on a awesome medical coverage through work at the time. I was let go, and had to find the $120 + a month to afford it. I was then placed on BC’s PharePharmacare’s Plan G list. (100% mental medication coverage.) The stupid thing is that Concerta is coverded, but up to your 19th birthday. I am 9 years too old for that. My doc and I tried putting my self on rittilan, with the normal and the SR. It is not as good as the concerta. My doc and I have to send a form in to the goverment to get special consideration for me personally to be covered. I think this is a load of crap.

Does any one know of how we can, and some people to help with, getting the government to remove the age restriction? Do we just have to get a lot of people (BC’ers) to write angry letters to them??

Thanks for your help.

Dave

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

I can only find this- a plan that helps with the monthly payments for Medicare: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/premium.html#monthly

There is another form of assistance whereby you and your doc fill out some forms saying you can’t function without the meds. If I recall it is for tax exemption though, not assistance to pay up front. But I can’t find that form sorry. good luck, Jim

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)