Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Benefitsof ADHD.

Benefitsof ADHD.2011-01-17T16:41:59+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Benefits of ADD Benefitsof ADHD.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there anyone else on this site, who like me, relys on their ADHD brain on a daily basis at work? I know I have to hit the off switch at bedtime in order to function the next working day. Currently that switch consists of a rountine along with 50 mgs of Elavil. I set the alarm to go off 1 hour earlier then required, to strenuosly burn off the chemically induced fog. I have refused to continue on any day-time medication prescribed to me so far, as it interfears with multitasking and endurance. Over forty years I have developed nutrition, mental, and emergency strategies. I have to be one of the oldest dogs on this site, but still able to learn new tricks. I am going to see a Psychiatrist, July is his next opening for a new patient, and I will take it from there.

My day starts at 5.00 AM, and I try to be knocked out by 10.00PM. All too soon it will be seven days a week for at least 3 months. I wish my work was digging ditches or some other menial job, but it’s not. I am very interested in sharing survival strategies. Anyone interested?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey RB…not only do I rely on it…… it revel in it. My brain function has afforded me so much in the way of career and soft benefits (artistic and visually creative in sites) that I would not have it any other way.

I look at the linear/compartmentalized brain folk and think gee….. that’s too bad. I feel gifted and very fortunate indeed. Yes, my brain function sets me apart form the crowd in many ways…but that’s the charm, isn’t it??. I have no need or desire to be in the middle of the flock….. there is no magic there. I once read a book titled “Drumming at the Edge of Magic”….. I believe that is where the magic lies….. at the edge!!!!

The real trial….. the difficulty maybe…..is to understand the manner in which our brains function, and to be able to harness that drive and make it work for you. Many people struggle with that….. but many people struggle with many things in life…..ADD or Non-ADD..?????

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi toofat: Thank you for the post. I was beginning to believe I was being censord, and my posts were not being displayed to anyone else. Sounds like we have both have made lemonade, while others with the same “gift” are still stuck with lemons. I do have some some bad times emotionaly, but what a feeling for the majority of the time when your riding high in the “ZONE”. We are only limited by our own imagination. It took a lot of years, mainly through trial and error, to assemble an arsenal of natural products, and a lifestyle to minimize the rough times, and maximize the good.

Maybe we both had just a flesh wound from the ADHD bullet, and not a direct hit like a lot of other people on this site seem to have got. It seems no one is interested in looking into homeopathic, herbal, and over the counter aids that may allow them to ease up and possibly get off some of these mind altering drugs, with medical supervision of course. Possibly they tried everything and it did not help. My heart heart goes out to the strugling people on this site.

It’s true I still require medication to sleep, but I am constantly searching to upgrade my bag of tricks. It’s a constant battle, but you have to maintain the best physical condition you can so your own “Natural Army” is ready to fight.

If this post seems like a lot of BS, just think of it as the ramblings of an old fart enjoying a mega senior’s moment.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand RB, no your not censored. There are many people (particularly on this site) who appear to be a world of hurt because of many things life has placed before them ……… including how their unusual and powerful brain processes(s) information.

I like the “wounded by a bullet”…..I have also been thru trials in my life …… but isn’t likely hard to find somebody on this spinning orb who hasn’t to one degree or another…. I do believe it’s degrees. I certainly don’t want to minimize anybodies thoughts or problems…. but it does sometimes take real initiative (as you say ) and determination to harness and take advantage of our brains and..make our lives shine….. It may involve giving up a lot of or all of one’s traditional thinking and beliefs and looking in a completely different corner…particularly if what a person has tried and tried and tried..all bring the same disappointing results.

I too believe that physical health and mental health are one too RB….to me they are key….they cannot be separated. If there is a place to start, indeed, that could be it!!! There is so much out there both traditional and naturopathic that tells us this truth!!! It is interesting that disease and dis-ease are both spelled the same!!!!

Trouble sleeping???? My sleep aids involve reading until I’m tired….. and quickly shutting out the light and or ( I gotta be fast )….deep breathing also seems to work. I just started the deep breathing..( Dr. Oz) it works very well but not always. Also I have a TV on in my bedroom…… it seems I love to be told a story at bedtime…hahahahahahahahha….then suddenly…..Poof….. it’s morning!!

Bad times emotionally…. RB???? Opps none of my business….sorry. I’m a naturally curious beast…..

Anyway, yes….I too go to a naturopath too ……..I figure there is more under the sun than the big pharmacy companies….. the Asian cultures have been practicing medicine for centuries, long before America was discovered…successfully too!!!! So I am a vitamin and herbal person as well. Somethings western medicine can’t cure!!! The cure is worse than the symptom!!!! Yikes!!!!

I like to think my key elements are as follows….eat well (healthy), exercise hard (often & regular))……play as much as possible (alone or with friends)… become comfortable with who you are and your own company in particular, keep a few good good close friends…… what more???? Love the life I live…. and live the life I love!!!

Life is great……. I’m / we are very fortunate………. like I said I love the way my brain works…… it has provided me to with such a rich life I can’t imagine being any other way!!!!!

Sorry for skipping around but…… that’s what we do….right!

Nice to connect…….

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do not know about anyone else but I can not see myself being anything else but ADHD it is who I am and frankly speaking… I like myself!!! thank you for your postings.

K

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you don’t like yourself, “IT SHOWS”, and it seems to alienate others.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree folks…….from what I have seen ….what also shows is desperation!! It appears folks who have social issues and are in strong search of social acceptance and a social group or network usually alienate that which they so strongly seek. People seem to be able to sense that urgent desire for close social interaction and find it to be less than acceptable…… and in turn reject!!!

I don’t know why that is but, experience tells me that that is a common trait in almost all walks of life. The opposite also appears to be true, the less you need or desire social interaction the more people are drawn to you??? Like opposites attract….. it maybe something in the aloofness or confidence exuded….. I don’t know but it definitely appears to be true.

I guess could go on with the whole “alfa” thing but I believe, it really it boils down to the very simple……. self image (positive or negative) begets self esteem (positive or negative)….so the really critical piece we have been talking about is initial “self love”…… and comfort in ones own skin….. without those key pieces a positive social environment maybe difficult to obtain.

For me ( my opinion only )……there is no way around doing ones inner work……. all health (social, physical or otherwise ) appear to be critically connected. For me starts with self!!!

……hmmm this feels like the start of a rant…….hahahahhaha….

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bravo! Bravo!

For me my “inner work” “harmonize”, that is to say focus on what I share in common with people around me insted of what is different unless it is to admire something uniquely wonderful about someone or something; success here means I have a good day no matter what happens during the day;failure is not an option, that doesnot mean I donot have bad days it means their are too many vragile elements in my life to, not do my best to succeed

K

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)