Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Borderline ADHD?

Borderline ADHD?2012-09-23T21:39:10+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Borderline ADHD?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

theotherspinner

When I was diagnosed it was done in 2 days and I was diagnosed borderline ADHD…. the limit for Clinical was 98 and i had 96 in attention and 97 in hyper. So according to that I’m like… skitzoadhd ? What ever. I look at my self as ADHD because my symptoms really stop me from doing things and gaining the things I want.

So I haven’t been able to ask for medication because I’m not over the clinical level but i’m pretty sure, because it was done is such short time, it wasn’t done very accurately and my diagnoses should be higher.

No i’m not very fond of medication but I want to try it out just to have a benchmark as to where I could be.

Anyone here that has gone thru more than one diagnoses and gotten different results?

I would like to have it done again but now over a longer period of time and see what comes out.

REPORT ABUSE

theotherspinner

Oh and I was diagnosed 2 years ago, at 30 years of age.

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

ADHD is a spectrum disorder like Autism.

theotherspinner, I think there are many of us that would be in your position at different times in our lives. There are many factors that might reduce, or increase ADHD symptoms and their impact on our lives. A change in circumstance, anxiety, depression, and even diet, might make a difference to the severity of symptoms and their effect. The net result can be someone who had coped well, then meets the diagnostic criteria.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been diagnosed twice, now. First time, the meds interacted with some others and I had to make a choice, so I dropped the adderall.

10 years later, dx again. My meds were working well at first, maybe too good (started a bunch of projects, since I felt good for a change.) Things were leveling out and then my world started to tilt. I was very stressed over a family situation and going absolutely crazy. It was making me ill. I thought it was the meds bugging out on me.

But stress is stress and I don’t do it well.So yes, there can be many things that effect the symptoms. I am mellowing out as the household has mellowed. Plus we had a very hot summer, and it and stirred up my autoimmune stuff, too.

FYI my son was tested and borderline, just short of the ribbon; believe me, he has the full enchalada plus a learning disorder. After seeing the PBS show and getting the book, there is no doubt in my mind he has it and he is in denial. The stress of college brought it all together.

As I have an autoimmune disorder, I know what it’s like to need a dx and need it now. I took wellbutrin and that settled my ADHD down and worked for many years. So, maybe the full on ADHD drugs aren’t needed in your case. Take care

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)