Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Brain Training

Brain Training2011-10-28T00:58:50+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wawabyjohnah
    Participant

Does anyone know of any free brain training websites? I’ve been on Lumosity.com, and it is great but expensive too. I’m sure there are free ones. Any suggestions?

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I need to box mine up and ship it off to some obedience school…………

Didn’t know there were such sites!

REPORT ABUSE

wawabyjohnah
    Participant

Obedience school for brains- now there’s an idea!

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

How expensive is luminosity. I’d like to do something nice for my brain but don’t want to spend too much on it. After all, it’s the thought that counts.

REPORT ABUSE

wawabyjohnah
    Participant

It’s around $15 a month if you pay monthly, less if you ‘buy in bulk’ ie for a year

REPORT ABUSE

Stash
    Participant

Haven’t explored it too deeply yet, but this looks pretty cool at first glance: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/brain-games/

I just googled brain games, brain training, brain training games (you get the idea…) and lots of different things come up, of course including luminosity. I’m not really sure I get what the difference is between brain training and just fun time wasting stuff. I attended a gifted program one day a week in grade school, and we did all kinds of cool games. I just can’t remember what any of them were now!

If you do find a good site, make sure you let us know!

btw – @kc5jck – I laughed aloud at “it’s the thought that counts”! Very nice!

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I just saw this article about lumosity.

< http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2012/06/05/the-new-snake-oil-brain-training-brain-fitness/&gt;

It baically says there are no studies to validate the claims that it improves brain function to the extent of their claims.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)