Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Browser add-ons for time management

Browser add-ons for time management2011-10-02T14:59:55+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Time Management Browser add-ons for time management

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

WEB BLOCKERS

I have found them really helpful for me, to keep me off the internet. Sometimes we have trouble prioritizing and the blocker keeps me in check.

This one is for firefox browser https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/leechblock/

This one is for chrome browser https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji

TIME TRACKERS – tracks how much time you spend on a particular website during the day

For firefox browser https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/timetracker/

For chrome browser https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mokmnbikneoaenmckfmgjgjimphfojkd

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The chrome stay focused is awesome! I used it last night. Even though it was my decision to nuclear the internet.. i still would have compulsively gotten on it. I wish there were a stay focused add on for my dolphin mobile browser lol. you are the bestest no dopamine!!!!!

I’m going to nuclear the internet now actually. it is urgent that I get crap done because I have a looming deadline.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad you liked it! Don’t thank me, someone else here pointed me towards Stay Focusd for chrome. But the web blocker I’m using for Firefox is working well. Check for apps, maybe there is a mobile browser version of one of these.

ADD or not, it’s still really hard for any of us to stay off the internet. I don’t listen to the radio much, but a few days ago I was, and was really surprised to hear one of the announcers say that she stayed up late at night worrying about what to say to sound “funny” first thing in the morning on twitter or facebook or whatever she was using. Can you imagine that? We’re not only worried about what we wear, who we date, what car we drive, where we vacation, what job we get, etc. but now we have to be worried about appearances 24×7 And much of the time that isn’t real, it’s what people want to present to the world, what they aspire to, not who they really are 😥

I am so glad I can come here and be my screwed up self, without pretenses.

REPORT ABUSE

Stash
    Participant

@no_dopamine – these timetrackers, does it give an accurate reading if you just leave a page open? I have facebook open in a tab pretty much 24/7, but I’m not on the page nearly that much. Still don’t have the courage to try any of the blockers! ;-) I’m actually working at keeping my life just as it is until my testing on the 11th. I figure I’ve got enough on the brain at the moment just processing a potential diagnosis.

And yes!! to being our screwed-up selves here! ;-) No better place for it that I’ve found!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really really like stay focused! I nucleared myself again today. So helpful because i argue back forth with myself to get off the internet but i stay on due to impulse. So i nuclear then it is over. I looked everywhere for a mobile app but i cannot find one. I tried a parental blocker but it didnt work well. I just need to get in the habit of stowing the phone at night. Anyway i would never have thought of a web blocker but so helpful. Thank you!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for these!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Stash, I just started using the firefox time tracker – I’m not finding it very helpful, but I think it just tracks useage, not having the browser open (you can set a threshold for idle time). Perhaps the chrome version is better. I’m going to keep looking for a time tracker that tells me how much time I’ve spent on various websites.

I used to keep FB open too, it’s a big timewaster for me, so I deleted my profile about a year and a half ago.

glad it’s working for you sugargremlin!!!!! ❗

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ooh, thanks. I just installed the leech blocker. Hopefully it’ll help keep me away from Twitter…

REPORT ABUSE

billd

If you do that (stay away from Twitter) how will folks know you are sitting on your porch shooting flies with a rubber band gun?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My legions of followers will simply have to guess at the activities I’m immersed in during the work day. =)

REPORT ABUSE

curlysue

so cool, thanks for the blocker! now to remember to add sites.lol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Emailed myself the link to this page for when I turn on my computer I can get both the Firefox and Chrome add-ons. I have been cruising around on the Totally ADD site so much on my cell this morning that my cell phone has to be plugged in. Thank goodness for extension cords. LOL I have been home sick this week, headache, neck pain, angry gut, and either passing a small kidney stone or getting a kidney infection from all the hot tea I have been drinking, trying to flush out whatever I have got going on.

Blech. Haven’t walked the dog for a week, but today I might bundle up and have my son walk with us. (He’s 20, so can help me get home if necessary.) Glad the dog is small and he is just as happy to run around the yard most of the time. But a walk might do both of us some good.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have Manilla on my computer and it helps organize my bills all in one location. Plus it sends a text message and an email notifying me when a bill is coming due. Of course I still have to pay the bills with money I’ve kept in my account for that purpose, but it does help me to track the ones I’m behind on too. (ADD: helping the economy one late fee at a time. )

REPORT ABUSE

curlysue

Just want to say thanks for the browser add ons.

REPORT ABUSE

phoenixmagicgirl

is the’re a time tracker for Safari? I’d like to use this on my kindle fire HD.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)