Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Calling all Toronto ADDers!

Calling all Toronto ADDers!2010-11-14T15:42:32+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Calling all Toronto ADDers!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

wolfshades

If you live in Toronto, there is a support group called TAASG (Toronto Adult ADD Support Group) which meets every other Monday in the CAMH building. There’s usually a good turnout, and so you are welcome to join us.

The way to do so is to go to the http://meetup.com website and register. Then, do a search for TAASG and then join us. As you can imagine, it’s a private group, so none of it is open to anyone who hasn’t first registered. (In fact, I had to make sure it was OK with the organizers before posting this here. Think of the group as being as anonymous as AA.)

The next meetup is scheduled for November 22, and our guest speaker will be Rick Green.

In other news…..there is another thread here called “Toronto Get-Together?”, where there was an idea put out that maybe several of us would like to get together for an informal meeting. I put that idea out to the TAASG group as well, and there is definite interest. I’ll talk more about that in the “Toronto Get-Together?” thread.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been trying to get back to one of the meetups for some time now but have been ‘foiled’ by all the other commitments that seem to hound us in adulthood. I actually think the starts are about to align once again because one of my usual ‘monday’ commitments is actually tomorrow! (How did that happen??)

Now I’ll just have to psyche myself up to the drive… I hate the freeways (even more so late at night). I loved being with the group since it was so amazing to see a room full of people ‘thinking’ just like me. It was so nice to fit in with no one giving me odd looks, like I had just landed here from some other planet.

Here’s hoping that nothing gets in the way…

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

I know exactly what you mean. And how refreshing it is to relate a typical example of how we’re so different, only to discover others nodding their heads, as they recall the exact same scenarios in their own lives.

Hope you can join us.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi wolfshades!

Just signed up on their site the other day but haven’t heard back. I really would like to go to the Nov 22 meeting!

What do I do now?

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as MerryMac.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great news!

Just got my e-mail confirming!

Now I just have to RRSP for the meeting!

Ivriniel..maybe you’ll have your soon, too.

: )

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Hey MerryMac and Ivriniel – glad you could join us. (Hopefully Ivriniel got an email too by now – unfortunately that part is completely out of my hands). :)

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

Yup, I got it, Wolfshades.

Thanks. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

The Rick Green meeting turned into the Dr. Umesh Jain meeting and it was A M A Z I N G ! !

I wrote about it here: http://www.hypnothoughts.com/group/kidsworks/forum/topics/coping-with-adhd-resources

It was my first time at the meetup but it won’t be my last! I realize this was a special meeting, but just meeting so many people who speak my language was wonderful all by itself.

Bill

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)