Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Can these be symptoms – or a part of ADD??

Can these be symptoms – or a part of ADD??2010-12-09T02:48:54+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Co-morbidities/Secondary Disorders Can these be symptoms – or a part of ADD??

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

billd

Keeping in mind I tested on this site as 9/9 of all sections, multiple everything, AD/HD, impulsive, indecisive, you name it, I replied YES.

Can these be symptoms:

A. I chew on the inside of my mouth, biting at the skin – not causing bleeding or injury, just that “extra” layer one can easily chew or nibble off. The dental person pointed that out one time.

B. I can’t chew gum – I can for 2 or 3 minutes, then I tense up, get “hyper”, start to panic, and have to get rid of the gum. Chewing gum “drives me crazy”.

C. I eat a lot – constantly need a “flavor” and/or texture in my mouth – candy, pop, snacks, whatever – need food. It’s why I’m 25 pounds over-weight, I’m about 200 and should be only 170.

D. I drink a LOT of flavored water or soda pop, a LOT.

E. Nail biting

F. telling the people on the TV how dumb they are –

G. walking into things……… (broke my little toe twice)

H. VERY wrestless sleeper – never stay in one position more than an hour if even that, turn over, sleep a bit, turn over again….. can’t sleep on my back. I’m totally tangled in blankets when I wake up.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know but I keep a tooth pick in my mouth all day, everyday, always. It’s what I do, also I eat things in shells, double bang for the buck…shelling activity, munching, and nuts are healthy…it’s all good. My thoughts on TV are are if your looking for intelligent thoughts look elsewhere…hahahahaha.

I have a TV on in the bedroom always to fall asleep…..or try read myself to sleep, only works sometimes, but always the TV on!!!

Guess I missed the ADD special it was just ending……next time.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

billd

yeah, peanuts, and other assorted nut types – more fun than something already open and ready.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure billd…..the tooth pick works too. If there is nothing going on for me…. that is going on…..the tooth pick I mean. No harm in it at all, it hurts no one, so what the hell and they are free or cheap. I even bought a little holder so I can carry them in my pocket. I have even fallen asleep with them in my mouth….NOT A GOOD IDEA AT ALL …but it happens.

Hahahaha….Toothpick Chewers Anonymous……no maybe not!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Yep, that’s ADD alright…

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Bubble gum is better than a toothpick.  It keeps your jaws moving (great for minimizing that double-chin), and you can have fun blowing huge bubbles…or seeing how loudly you can crack that gum.

My personal gum of choice is Bubble Tape (Original flavour).  It’s old-formula Hubba Bubba, in a long strip, rolled up in a handy plastic case.   It blows huge bubbles, cracks loud enough to wake the dead, and won’t stick to your face.

When I was a kid, my favourite kind was Popeye Shredded Bubble Gum.  It was old-formula Hubba Bubba, but it came in shreds in a pouch (just like Big League Chew)—and it was bright lime green.   What kid WOULDN’T love that?   So, of course, you can’t get it any more.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)