Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Cannabinoids

Cannabinoids2012-08-21T18:37:29+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Other Meds Cannabinoids

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had ADD & Dyslexia since I was a child. I was diagnosed with both when I was in the 3rd grade. All through my teen years my mom who is a psychoanalyst wanted me too take Ritalin but I fought her tooth & nail. What I did find to be helpful was smoking marijuana. I am now 40 & I still smoke & it still helps me. Marijuana helps to calm me down, & to focus. Things that I would not even THINK about doing because I know I would just not get anywhere with it because of the difficulty of it or it is just something I’m not interested in I will try when I smoke. (Some with great success.)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also smoke daily and it helps keep me mellow, especially when out in public. Even though I take RItalin, Effexor and Wellbutrin, I still find that marijuana helps to calm and curb those extreme feelings enough to reset myself back to a neutral place.

I just get a build up of bad thoughts in my head, then I start to put myself down, then it builds and builds until I feel like I need to beat the thoughts out of my head. Luckily I have a thick skull, but I’m not a weak or small man either, so it’s not healthy and definitely scares my GF. Smoking a bowl or a joint, I can usually sit down and talk it out instead of “beating” it out of my head.

Funny thing, I’ve been smoking since I was 14 (on and off), my Dad has been a smoker for most of his life and so has my older brother. But it wasn’t until I was 20 and my brother was 25 that we all started smoking together. We all found that marijuana helped with these feelings and frustrations, independently from each other and it’s something that we share now. So it’s not a learned behaviour, which a lot of anti-drug activists would probably like to say.

REPORT ABUSE

addmetothelist

I find that smoking marijuana helps me focus during sex, but if I use it any other time during the day it “stupinates” me. You know looking for the screwdriver that is in your hand kinda thing. It really seems to exacerbate my ADD.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)