Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Can't sleep

Can't sleep2011-11-21T06:52:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Can't sleep

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just_Nemo

Can’t sleep no reason just can’t no more like don’t want to sleep nothing on my mind no bad sleeping problems this week just an “I don’t want to sleep” kind of night.

Anyone Else get these kinds of times?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

check out our insomnia threads!

http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2007

http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=1970

i get hyperactive at night which makes winding down for sleep complicated.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Yeah, what SG said. I can relate (DUH, I’m here in this forum, aren’t I? ;-) )

Sleep issues are FAR more common than you’d think.

Doubt me? Visit your local “sleep center” or hospital where they do sleep studies. They are usually swamped, loaded to the gills, scheduled out for months in advance.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s worth looking around before being referred, since there are clinics that have more resources – the one I eventually got referred to has 7 sleep docs, about 11 technicians, and runs 7 days a week. They told me they could have me in within 2 weeks if I wanted to take whatever doc was available. It took longer, partly because of summer holidays I guess, but also because the director of the clinic assigned me to a specific doc. He’s my current favourite person in the whole world, he’s worked a miracle for me. :D

Also, he deemed my case urgent, and fast-tracked me to a sleep study within a week.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

>>Also, he deemed my case urgent, and fast-tracked me to a sleep study within a week. <<

That happened to me, as well. It should have taken 3 months just to get in for the study, instead I was in the following week.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I suppose it’s because of the possibility of narcolepsy, it’s really dangerous for us to be driving or doing other activities where lack of alertness is life-threatening to oneself and others. Glad you got in so quickly too!

Just_Nemo: I have had those nights where I didn’t want to go to bed either, I just want to be active. There’s always something I can do or look up or whatever. I can even do it to the point of exhaustion, falling asleep at what I’m doing. It’s a really bad habit for me, one that I’m learning to break.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

sometimes is pre-emptive procrastination??… like avoiding annoying stuff that will occur in the morning. why rush to bed for that? ….except the big picture that you will feel like crap all day and not get the annoying thing done out of fatigue and need to do it the next day.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)