Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

cat ingested 50mg vyvanse

cat ingested 50mg vyvanse2011-09-20T15:01:15+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse cat ingested 50mg vyvanse

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had no idea where to post this information, but I hope it might help someone out there. First of all, he did not die, weighs about 8lbs.

My oriental shorthair cat ate a 50 mg Vyvanse pill. Some had fallen out of the bottle, but I thought I picked them all up. Apparently one was found by my cat, who thinks anything I ingest is also his. I didn’t know that he ate it at the time, but I knew something wrong when his breathing became very fast. Took to emergency vet, we did xrays and identified that he had ingested ‘non metallic’, non food’ small quantity of ‘something’. They gave him oxygen, stabalized and I took him home. His eyes were so dilated you could not see they were green. He laid next to me all night, but kept moving his head up, down, all around for hours – who knows what he was seeing. Like he was on acid. 12 hours later he was dramatically improved. Later I found the blue 1/2 of empty capsule next to litter box. Lesson for me, count the pills and my blessings.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

cats will eat anything of interest. We’ve got to keep REALLY CLOSE watch with 3 kittens who take interest even in a shadow or spot on the floor.

Meds, plants, even certain foods we eat (chocolate)…. beware.

We had a cat get into the kitchen cupboard under the sink where their hair ball meds were kept (a laxative in particular.) Shadow was all wet and smelly one day when we came in, and rather dehydrated, wobbly. Took him in, found nothing in an exam, xrays were clean (Barbara sews and quilts…..) so got him hydrated, took him home and he seemed to be doing better. The next morning we found a chewed tube of Laxair, almost totally empty. Imagine if you ate a whole box or bottle of a laxative in one sitting…….we were lucky it wasn’t something worse. You were lucky it was one.

Know your pet, cat or dog. Watch for symptoms daily.

I’d be totally sick if anything happened to ours……….

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m glad your kitty cat was OK!

A little off topic, but I had just finished making a big batch of chocolate cupcakes and had them on the counter to cool while I ran some errands. When I got back one of my cupcakes had what was obviously a cat sized bite taken out of it. Had to call the vet to be assured that one bite of a chocolate cupcake wasn’t going to do harm.

Our cats will also rip open and eat pouches of powdered milk if I don’t have it secured well enough. Darn cats!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)