Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

CHADD Charges

CHADD Charges2011-02-11T23:37:34+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went to join CHADD and found out that they charge. $49 may not seem like much to some people, but for us it’s a lot. We are so poor right now.

I’m having a crisis day, and am at a breaking point. I’m searching for help.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

How are you? Did you fund the help you need????

REPORT ABUSE

ellamama

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time, Sandra. Have you tried calling CHADD and asking if they’ve a sliding scale or other means for folks who want to join but whose incomes can’t handle it? It might vary chapter by chapter, but I’d be really surprized if they couldn’t do something for you.

Good luck!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sandra,

If you can’t afford CHADD membership, that doesn’t mean you can’t benefit from CHADD’s outreach efforts.

Much information is available free at CHADD’s collaboration with the federal CDC called The National Resource Center for ADHD — http://www.help4adhd.org

CHADD also offers free Ask the Expert chats monthly: http://www.chadd.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Ask_the_expert2

And all of CHADD’s local meetings are open to the public. Typically, a $5 donation is suggested to help defray rental-room costs, etc. But no one is turned away for lack of funds.

Local CHADD chapters are started and run entirely by volunteers, so there might or might not be a chapter in your area.

Gina Pera

CHADD Volunteer of the Year, 2007

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

In all honesty, I didn’t get much, if anything, out of CHADD membership. I see it as an organization for parents and families of people with ADHD, rather than a resource for those of us with ADHD. Most of what they share seems to be about getting accommodations at school, and legal issues. I’m not saying membership is a bad thing, but I do think it’s a good idea to know in advance what you want to get out of it. Because if you’re looking for support, advice, or coping strategies, they really don’t offer that. While I find it helpful to understand the disorder, I have yet to encounter any organization offering life-management strategies.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)