Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Change in meds, from Vyvanse to Adderall

Change in meds, from Vyvanse to Adderall2019-01-16T16:42:17+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Change in meds, from Vyvanse to Adderall

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

doublel
    Participant

Hello, Looking for your input.

I have been taking Vyvanse for a number of years (40mg) and am finding it wears off late afternoon so my new doctor has switched me to Adderall XR. She called the pharmacist as she was unsure if she should be prescribing me a gradual increase or not. So now I have 50mg of Adderall. I would have thought it would be a gradual increase in dose, no? Can you please tell me what you know about first dose when switching? I also read there is a risk for those who have per-existing cardiac defects, not sure exactly what that would entail, but I do have a hole in my heart (along with millions of others who’s heart didn’t close like it should after birth) but if you know anything about that I’d like to hear it.

Thanks for your time!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by doublel.
    REPORT ABUSE

midwestgal73
    Participant

I looked up the recommended dosing for Adderall XR and it states “In adults with ADHD who are either starting treatment for the first time or switching from another medication, the recommended dose is 20 mg/day.” https://www.rxlist.com/adderall-xr-capsules-drug.htm#dosage

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)