Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Clonazepam and Ritalin – freaking out

Clonazepam and Ritalin – freaking out2011-11-04T13:27:57+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Other Meds Clonazepam and Ritalin – freaking out

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dr. just started me on clonazepam and increased my ritalin. First day pretty good, this morning a TOTAL disaster. Dizzy, can’t focus, can’t concentrate, dropped the pill bottles TWICE and now I have a collection of kind of white-ish pills and kind of blus-ish pills (but generally white) all mixed together. I had the mother of all tantrums, screamed, thrashed, threw myself against things and broke one of the chairs. (I am not looking forward to explaining this to my wife, who thinks this whole thing is childish) – In general, I want to take the day off, because I cannot focus on anything. What went wrong?

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

I take Clonazepam at night and Concerta by day. The Clonezapam is due to insomnia I’ve had all my life (not exacerbated by Concerta – it makes me mellow).

Sorry for your frustration… My ritalin was white pills and the “cloney’s” are light yellow – a little hard to see, but maybe you can get them sorted. Also, my cloney’s have a V on them – does that help? (I don’t know if yours are the same).

The effects your describing sound like what happened each time I started on a new dose of ritalin as they were gradually bringing my dose up… I would get super jittery on the few doses, then it would subside until it seemed ineffective, then they would raise my dose again.

(Luckily?) I was kicked out already so I didn’t have to deal with my husband clowning on me – I just hid out at my apartment feeling totally nutty ’til I felt better… got any comedy movies to watch? cheer you up? I like Adam Sandler :)

By the way, I’m living back with my husband now – so divorce isn’t inevitable, but going through this is definitely a strain…

Take care Game Guy,

-Munch

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s wierd, I seem to be mellowing out now – sorting out the pills doesn’t seem like such an ordeal any more. It’s like I was a different person then. Very strange.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Yeah – pretty extreme at first – hopefully, if your like me, when you get the right dose figured out, it will be relatively mellow all day… Glad you’re feeling better!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had another crisis when I forgot to renew my ritalin and the computer files started throwing errors at me. Chair’s a complete loss and there’s a dent in the wall. This is too much.

REPORT ABUSE

tjifill
    Participant

i know this post is old… but i’m about to start taking Clonazepam at nights and concerta 27 mg in the morning… just wanted to know how things are going…what to expect etc

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)