Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

coming out of hiding and finial'y seeking help after 15 years

coming out of hiding and finial'y seeking help after 15 years2011-09-16T00:03:23+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Finding Help coming out of hiding and finial'y seeking help after 15 years

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi there my name is tim and i am 30

i was originial’y diagnosed with adhd when i was i think 3 or 4 years old .. i have been on every drug that was out there for adhd during the 80″s and 90’S . it was horrible .. im talking everything .. i finial’y said fuck it im not taking any more pills im done!!! and i was 13 -14 i flushed all my pills and removed myself from therapy .. it has been hard all these years trying to be ” normal” . i originally grew up in new zealand until i was 8 then i moved to america and i was in and out of schools i was shoved into the special edd program and basically i learnt nothing due to the un-awareness of how to deal with this issue i had. ( but i can play uno real good and learnt sign language ) i unfortunately all these years believed i could do this with out any help and i have suffered because of it .. i have issues spelling and its holding me back from chasing my dream of becoming a police officer . even though i have a batchlours degree in criminal justice. ITS SO FRUSTRATING…. well today i went to the V.A. to talk to my doctor about it and see whats out there to help me .. i am not into taking any medication due to my over medicated youth and i have a grasp on who to cope and use this adhd to my advantage :) or at least i think i am ….. but sometimes i wish i was normal …. well soon i will be hopefully getting some advice and ideas on how or whats out there to help me with this issue. or at least i hope they will be able to help me

anyway i just wanted to get this off my chest and see what else is out there via this thread….

any advice anyone has for dealing with this is well apreciated ..

i found this website by watching pbs and realizing wow all these years that i thought i was suppressing the issue i was actually not :( and that by suppressing it i was actually doing more harm than good AAAARRRRRRGGGGGG

WELL THATS IT FOR NOW !

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)