Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

concerta adult doseage trials

concerta adult doseage trials2011-06-20T21:43:27+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta concerta adult doseage trials

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a soon to be 42 year old male , about two years ago I was contacted about trying concerta in a clinical trial , I started out with psyical and psycolgical test to make sure I was healthy. I was at the time 6’6″ 242 lbs, what I would like to call good to excelent health.I thought I might be a good guena pig, for a man in a clinical trial who is starting to have some A.D.D issues, So I thought and I started out on 36 mg , not one to take meds ( I barely take anything for a headache). I thought this would jump start me on the road to clear mind and make me be back on the top of my game as I was just a couple years before , they kept me on that amount for a month or so . and Icame back in for more test and questions. To see if i had improved , I had not much improved according to the questions they were asking me and any side effects were non exhistinet. Next was I believe around 52 mg , my test stated that I showed some improvements . I went futher into the trials . and after another month It was incresed to 64 mg and once again showed improvements, then more test and time and now increased to 72mg . By this time looking back ,now after doing this clinical trial, this was my number for my dosage, everything was falling into place, I thought and completed task better, I was motovated, I did have to avoid caffine say after 3 or 4 pm, it wouldnt allow me to fall asleep i and some dry mouth ,my weight started 242 was droping and holding around 210 other than that all was good . So I was at 72mg and we did the test and all was good , so we tried going for great, so we went up to 90mg and within two days my heart rate was 120 when I was resting . I do construction, so imagine how I felt in an eight hour workday , like I was running a marithon. I contacted the clinic and we backed it down to 72 and everything went back in the normal range, I did this clinical trial for around 14 months and have been off concerta for over 2 and a half years,I was asked if I wanted to continue to take concerta or riddlin , at my cost . being self employed I didnt see the benifits over the cost , now I find I am really struggling , I recently saw the add special on pbs and joined this site. I had to watch it 3 times on the dvr , lol so this is the start of a new journey for me and I will try and keep you all updated thanks. Tallguy

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome tall guy. You mentioned a number of interesting things including dose-related side effects. However, the critical factor from the beginning is deciding what the key issue of impairment really was. And remember, meds are there to make your lifestyle work.

I would suggest restarting your journey from here:

http://totallyadd.com/sponsored-videos-introduction

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)