Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Concerta – How can You Tell if It is Working?

Concerta – How can You Tell if It is Working?2011-09-11T04:08:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Concerta – How can You Tell if It is Working?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just starting concerta today and couldn’t tell if it made a difference for me or not. I am only on 18mg, when you first started taking concerta how could you tell if it was working?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

have you taken other meds before concerta? just wondering.

if yes, what was that like?

not being helpful but more history might help.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have never taken any meds before I have beent rying to get diagnosed and on meds for years. I am also taking celexa for depression.

REPORT ABUSE

caper

Two meds at a time make it more difficult to separate the independent/combined effects.

I find I do better on go/no-go and stop signal tests with Concerta (54mg) than without.

http://cognitivefun.net/test/17

http://www.wadsworth.com/psychology_d/templates/stripped_features/try_online/TIY/kalat_intro_11.html

REPORT ABUSE

Lucky77

Hi aelvecro,

You sound like me a week ago!!! – I posted what was going on in another thread. “Quick Concerta Survey” i think…

Basically I called my Dr and asked to double up – take 36mg of Concerta. He gave me the go ahead. After that there was not much improvement, but my side effects were terrible. I saw him on Friday and he said it wasn’t worth to go through all the side effects and switched me to another med.

If you do increase it will be interesting to hear if it worked well for you – I know everyone has totally different reactions with all of these ADHD meds.

Good luck!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

As redic as this sounds, im slightly jealous if ur side effects. I was taking either 54 or 56idk some weird yet high dkse and i felt broken. i mean like i couldnt be fixed or couldnt detect molecules of stuff floatinf in my nliid. I just took one every day and went about my day asif i took nothing. ive had greater reactiins from a multivitamin. Only thing i felt was thag reluctant “back to the drawing board” feeling

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)