Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Concerta, maniac effects and anxiety

Concerta, maniac effects and anxiety2011-12-14T20:22:36+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Concerta, maniac effects and anxiety

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I am interested to take Vyvanse or Aderral.. I taken Concerta for the past 4 years and decided to stop because I saw some maniac effect come in. I was always nervous, looking at every single things my chidls doing. Like if I cant stop focusing. So I quit.

Since I stop the medication, I saw some drop in my performance, but not at a critical level. I am not sure I want to take back a medication cause after 4 years, I think I develop enough tips to overcome my ADD problem.

The mots difficult part is to stay motivated when I do something. I always need to “bring my brain back. Stay focus”

So my questions are:

– Should I go back on medication or not? How can I figure if my life will be more easy or not?

– If so, what is the best medication for a nervous, impulsif point of view? I feel like Concerta was accelarate my nervous fealing.

My main concern is about anxiety. Dont want to increase my anxiety problem.

Sorry for the bad english. I am from Quebec, Canada.

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

A lot of us think of medication like training wheels for a bicycle. Training wheels help you learn how to ride a bicycle, but if you learn properly, then you won’t need the training wheels any more.

With ADHD, the medications help you learn what you need to do so that your ADHD isn’t as much of a problem for you. If you learn those things properly, and you keep doing them properly, then you might be able to stop taking the medication.

Talk to your doctor about other medications. Or maybe you can go back to Concerta, but at a much lower dose than before.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)