Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Concerta not working after 5 weeks

Concerta not working after 5 weeks2011-10-08T20:04:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Concerta not working after 5 weeks

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

caper

I find I have to overdose to get good focus; i.e. 80-100mg/day. 2 20mg Ritalin SR per day is what I take now.

If you really have ADHD (smaller and lower function in the requisite areas of the brain) I wouldn’t think the drugs can make you “normal”. I’m happy with a bit better focus than before, but most of all the big improvment in temper.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there. I posted awhile ago regarding my son’s concerta meds not working after a few weeks. Since then, we saw the Dr. again and he increased his rx from 18mg concerta to 27mg. We saw a bit of an improvement, but not like when he first started the 18 mg. He’s been on the 27 mg for about 2 months and has gradually become more and more inconsistent. He can focus on some things, but is doing the minimal work, is disorganized and not handing in his work. I’ve called the ped again and he’s prescribed a 10mg ritalin to take in the morning along with his concerta. He was concerned about increasing the concerta because it may impact his sleep. I’ve read mixed reviews of using ritalin in the morning with the concerta. I’ve read more often that it’s used in the afternoon. I should also say that my son has been suffering with allergies (we dont’ know what to at this point) for about 2 years. Is there a possibility that his ADD symptoms are more linked to allergies than true ADD? Very frustrating…wish we could sort this out. He did fantastic for about 6 weeks on the 18mg of Concerta. Wish we could see that again.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)