Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Cool task app

Cool task app2011-04-18T22:24:52+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Other Cool task app

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Geoduck

I just got my official diagnosis a week ago, and prescribed meds. My doctor told me to not just take meds. I have to be organized (doesn’t that sound horrible???). He wants me to make lists of tasks, mark things on a calendar, actually DO the things on the list. I laughed out loud when he said to write lists. I had to remember to write a list in the first place, then remember where I put the list (major problem with me).

I do use my ipod a lot, and using Outlook on my PC, sync the calendars regularly. So I figured I’d look to see if I could find an app that could help with keeping tasks in list form. Unfortunately, without an extra app, you can’t just sync your task list from Outlook. I did find a cool app that does do this, 2do, by Guided Ways Technology. There are also several other apps that do this, and this is about $7, which is pricey for this sort of app,so it’s definitely worth a look in the app store, or whatever the android equivalent is. Also, it requires additional free downloads from the parent company and Apple. I chose this one because it seemed to do exactly what I wanted with Outlook, and had a great rating.

This thing rocks!!! I can just put in my tasks to outlook right after I check my email, in the morning. Then I sync it with the ipod app, which I can carry around with me. I can’t lose it in my pile of garbage papers. I’ve been using it all day. I’m not sure what happens if the shine wears off, but so far, so good. I even put stuff on there for the whole week.

Anyone have any other tools like this that you like to use?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a couple of suggestions that seem to be working for me.

The first is “OHIO” – Only Handle It Once. Do your best to take care of things the moment they are brought to your attention or get someone (or something) to bring it back up at a time when you actually can handle it. Do not rely on “remembering” to do it later – that never works, does it?

The second was brought to my attention by someone in this forum – delete your emails – once again, do not rely on your inbox as a scheduling/document-holding tool. If it’s important, copy it and save it elsewhere. Then delete it!

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

OHIO-LOVE it!!! However, as a mom, several things come up all at once, and that makes things hard. I will try this, though. I also like the email suggestion. I’ve had a problem holding onto emails for later. It gets cluttered in there, eventually becoming useless. I’ll have to try this, too! Thanks!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

I have tried to handle things the moment they are brought to my attention, but I get caught in layers of interruption. I’m doing task A and get interrupted with task B. Then comes task C. I like the idea of telling people to bring it back when I have time, but it has limited appeal. My solution is to have a white board with my colour-coded To-Do list front and centre. If I can’t do it now, I put it on the list (at least that’s the theory).

REPORT ABUSE

Lindstr7

I have post-it notes all over my house. Low tech, I know, but it works for me! I’ll put them on the bathroom mirror the night before so they are there when I am getting ready in the am, reminds me of things I need to do that day. Also, my blackberry calendar can be useful for setting reminders for tasks during the day. Mostly, I do try to take care of things when they pop into my head, or I will forget.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Remember the milk is a great app that syncs across several devices . . . My phone and iPad “moos” to remind me to do things. . . And it is very affordable

REPORT ABUSE

billd

need free android apps……..

No Apples here………….. going Android tablet for wife, android phones already, limited budget.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a massive white board that I write on and keep it by my apartment door, and cross off when completed tasks or add little notes to previous tasks or scheduled times that require prior planning..just an added visual to everything else!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)