Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Cymbalta for ADHD with comorbid mood disorders (combined with Concerta)

Cymbalta for ADHD with comorbid mood disorders (combined with Concerta)2010-12-20T03:17:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Cymbalta for ADHD with comorbid mood disorders (combined with Concerta)

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am currently taking Concerta and weaning off generic Prozac in preperation for me starting Strattera.

I have noticed both good and bad while weaning off the Prozac but I am a bit nervous about completely doing away with the SSRIs. I am noticing that my anxiety and depression is increasing as I am weaning off but I feel that my lethargy and lack of motivation is decreasing as well as other Prozac related symptoms I felt increased when I started taking Concerta with the Prozac.

My doctor recommended I try a combination of Strattera for longer term relief of symptoms and Concerta to help give me a short term boost. I know Strattera is an NRI but I want to get some thoughts on how Cymbalta, an SNRI, can work for someone with ADHD with a comorbid mood disorder (anxiety and depression).

I believe Cymbalta has the best of both worlds in that it’s not just an NRI but I want to get more info on this. What do you think?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cymbalta was the worst drug I ever took. I started drinking to get rid of the side effects and withdrawal is BAD, check out cymbaltawithdrawal.com – I almost lost my best friend/boyfriend. I take ritalin 20mg 3.5 times a day and wellbutrin. much healthier.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)