Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

D-Amphetamine Salt Combo

D-Amphetamine Salt Combo2015-11-13T15:54:37+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community D-Amphetamine Salt Combo

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

charm1904

So, I started taking generic adderall about 2 months ago. Started with 5mg which was the equivalent to a sugar pill for me. It did nothing to help my memory, focus, or that fuzzy misty place my head gets into trying to figure some things out. A month later she ups it to 10 mg. Within 15 minutes, I feel extremely tired like I really want to lay down and the thought of doing anything or accomplishing anything is hard to do. Just very sluggish. I get 8 hours of sleep, eat healthy foods, do not drink caffeine, and have limited stress at this time ( I got laid off recently and have been in a much better place mentally and emotionally since I have, tells you about the job, huh? :p ).  I am not looking for a “buzz”, matter of fact I hate feeling jittery ( hence the no caffeine even before I started taking generic Adderall. ). I just want it to work. I am taking two online classes and writing a book. Limited stress but I still need to concentrate and stay our of the muzzled , misty place. What is going on? People say that if you take too much you will crash, I don’t have any time between the time I take it and the time i feel sleepy. People say then you are taking too much. Taking 5 mg didn’t do anything. 10 mg isn’t a huge dose, from what I understand. I also only take it maybe 4 days out of the week, when I am doing my work. Usually, every other day. Can someone help me to understand what is going on? Do I need to go up in dosage? Other meds I am taking is Effexor 75mg for anxiety and Trazadone for nights I can’t sleep( which I only take if I really need it. Maybe 3 nights a week, if that). I was taking these two about 3 months before starting the Adderall.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

I take 5mg Adderall twice a day. That drug was tailor-made for my brain. I think clearer and it takes a lot to muddy my thought process after taking it. Very few melt downs. distractions are registered, but are not irresistible like they were. Not as many details escape me, either.

All I can say, charm, is each one of our brains is a unique construct, with unique physiology and chemistry. We all have this condition that is as unique as our brains. It is no wonder this drug makes you feel sleepy, and gives me focus with out the hyper focus.

Perhaps your brain works best using Ritilin? Welbutrin? or any of the other meds out there. You will have to experiment… OMG! 🙂

We have just turned you into a person that experiments with drugs! THE HORROR

REPORT ABUSE

charm1904

LMAO! I will try not to take it too far lol I have tried wellbutrin in the past and that didn’t seem to work well, either. I have that hyperfocusing thing you mentioned. I have literally spent 12-18 hours at time researching random things. Want to know about tsunamis? I am your gal! Or how about the environmental change of Indonesia? I know that,too! All great things for conversations but doesn’t help me be a productive adult lol except…i don’t remember what I just researched very well. Just tidbits. And forget video games. I used to play 24 hours at a time. Hyperfocusing is one of the main things I am trying to control. And um ..rambling…such as I am doing now lol I actually just got done phoning my Doctor and asking what she would like to do. She has agreed that trying 15mg might be helpful and I will go see her in 4 weeks. Meds are so tricky to find your sweet spot and then continuing to hit that sweet spot. You are right about that! I was just skeptical that it was making me sleepy, i thought amphetamines were supposed to do the opposite. And I am sure, we all know that feeling of frustration. Of knowing that how we are can cause hiccups for daily life. Knowing that if we could just control some of these issues, whether through coping skills and/or meds , life would be a little bit easier. Not necessarily better, but easier, in it’s own way. I wish there was a magic wand like in fairy tales to, not “fix” me ( some of my attributes come from my ADD, i think), but to help me control it. Too bad this isn’t a fairy tale 🙁 Thank you very much Shutterbug for reaching out and making me smile. One of the things about who I am is i don’t make friends easily so i am alone a lot…it was very nice of you to reach out. 🙂

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

charm1904, Like Rick said in his show, “We’re all in this together”.

REPORT ABUSE

susank

Hi Charm, just curious, but why does your doc have you on both a an SSRI and a tri-cyclic antidepressant?

REPORT ABUSE

charm1904

Well, besides ADD I also have been diagnosed with anxiety, dyslexia,insomnia and, PTSD . Anxiety, depression,insomia, dyslexia, OCD,  bipolar and ADD run heavily in my family. Add to that the PTSD and I have ( had) really high anxiety. My anxiety , PTSD, and depression isn’t nearly as bad as it was. Or my ADD , for the most part. I was actually off all my meds for about 3 years ( mostly due to not being able to afford them).However, this summer I dont know what happened. I thought everything was fine, doing well at work and with family. Then I stopped sleeping. I didn’t want to get back on meds, I did everything I could think of to try to sleep. Nothing worked. I couldn’t  stop my thoughts from cycling. After 3 weeks of not sleeping, I was barely functioning. Lost my job. I couldn’t think. My deslyxia was going haywire ( tends to creep up with lack of skeep or stress). After I got fired, I knew that my coping skills I had aquired weren’t doing the trick were not enough.Decided to get back on my meds. And here I am.

REPORT ABUSE

susank

Well, my heart goes out to you. Meds are a hard thing. I am just at the end of a two-year taper off Lyrica and Paxil. It’s been the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but my mind is clearer than it has been in years and I am less anxious. I asked because I am wondering how many times people are medicated because of ADHD and all the behaviors and worries that develop over time with it. As I’ve tapered, I’ve seen many ADHD symptoms re-assert themselves, but, at 60, I’m not the person I was 20 years ago when I was first put on Paxil. Mainly, it’s just easier to be who I am with no apologies. The sleep thing is hard – when you can’t sleep, nothing is right and you can’t even practice the coping skills you’ve learned. What has finally worked for me, sleepwise, after years and years of issues is 1 mg of melatonin taken at exactly the same time each night, going to bed at exactly the same time each night and getting up at the same time each morning, and working through a program called Headspace (a mindfulness app.) I find that with the Headspace breathing exercises, I can put myself back to sleep when I wake up, which was a huge thing. But everyone’s chemistry is so different and our hormones change so much during our lifespan. I’ll send you a friend request – lets stay in touch.

REPORT ABUSE

onewithmany

Adderall is a racemic mixture. Meaning that it has (Dex) D – Amfetamine and (Levo) L – Amfetamine. In fact 75% D and 25% L. Now this is problematic in my book since L – Amphetamine rises blood pressure and has many other non – beneficial effects.

For what I have read about your symptoms, they sound like my Ex Methylphenidate medication side effects, in a racemic mixture!

My suggestion is to chance your medication to Dexamfetamine Sulphate witch is pure D – Amphetamine, 5mg – 4-5 times a day and go from there. Its in simple short term form = you take it, you wait 5-15 min and it`s in for 2-4h rinse and repeat

Don`t even listen if they talk about the “long lasting” lisdexamfetamine aka Vyvanse and Elvanse, they are unreliable. (you been warned)

Pure D – amfetamine finally “saved” me after years of struggle and side effects. I hope it helps you as well…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)