Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Damn it again 3 hours gone! Poof!

Damn it again 3 hours gone! Poof!2012-03-19T06:26:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Angry Damn it again 3 hours gone! Poof!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tonight I had the best of intentions, was gonna make a snack, read a book to the kids, read one chapter of my new book spend special time with husband and climb into bed early!

This is what really happened, decided wasn’t ready for a snack, added another log to the fire pet the dog thought about my day tomorrow, checked my schedule not once but 4 times thought about setting an alarm for 20 mins of book time, didn’t then climbed into bed with new book “I’m not crazy, lazy or stupid” fought like hell to focus on understanding what I was reading as its an apparently helpful adhd book, ahhh thank god hypefocus at some point my husband put the youngest to bed, at some point he came to bed, rubbed my leg maybe, tried to talk to me (no idea what he said) after long period of silence I realize its too silent and check the clock “11:15pm yikes!” Still haven’t put my laundry in for work tomorrow or I’ll have nothing to wear and my 12 yr olds, one who also has adhd are still up watching t.v. so am now so angry with my self totally choked that children have taken advantage and have to wait for half an hour before I can change the laundry over into the dryer!

End rant!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

As usual my brain skips along too fast and for those of you that did sorta follow the book is actually called ” You mean I’m not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?” So now I’m laying here waiting for the laundry extremely jealous (while I realize this to be an irrational feeling, I still can’t stop feeling it!) because husband is having no problem sleeping and I am wide awake (maybe I should just poke him and maybe getting a reaction would be satisfying lol! (Again another irrational adhd thought!) Story of my life……

REPORT ABUSE

AbbyNormal

::::checking my house for hidden cameras to make sure this isn’t a transcript of surveillance footage of ME:::::: 😯

Really, this could be any one of my evenings! I’m big on lists, they keep me more focused than I would be without them- even for such things as what I want to do in an evening.

Maybe what would help is to rearrange those to do’s and put the finite (read “not likely to encourage hyperfocus”) and the most important first. Put your laundry in earlier, when your meds are still working. Read to the kids, make sure the others are off of screens even if it’s not bedtime. Spend time with the husband, and THEN read your book (btw, I own that book and love it!) to your heart’s content.

I know what you’re thinking, though because I’m thinking the same thing: “I get so TIRED of having to arrange my life ‘just so’! Sometimes I just like to go with the flow like a normal person!” 🙄 Yeah, sometimes I hate that the real world and its responsibilities takes all the fun out of having ADHD, I really do! 😡

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have similar issues. I am recently diagnosed by a pshyciatrist, on my second type of meds and still not in the best place. Finally seeing a psychologist next week to help with lots of things. One of my big problems at the moment is GETTING THINGS DONE! I have a huge list, and I am a stay at home mom, you’d think this would be easy…..

I either lose track of time, get distracted (even doing good things), or __________. How do I get my list done? I even have a task manager app on my phone. Still things labeled important don’t get done for days or weeks. And PROJECTS! I found an ultimate meal planner board that I want to make today. Hopefully that will help me be organized instead of finding that it is now 5:00, and I don’t even have an idea for dinner. But that’s another thing I have to DO.

Any suggestions?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Abbynormal-I have tried to do the book thing last but I seem to use it as a tool to hypefocus on and give me a break when I’m in overload mode, its like I really just need to check out or I’m completely lost! Or if I try to read before bed I end up loosing HUGE amounts of time like barely able to keep eyes open but just can’t stop focusing lol!

Mirasong- I have finally totally given up on dinner altogether lol! Since my diagnosis hubby has been really understanding I know am lucky! My husband now has completely taken over this task as his and the kids dinner was always overcooked, undercooked or not on the table till 8pm some nights!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)