Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Darn, my theory turned out to be right. it's the google search links…

Darn, my theory turned out to be right. it's the google search links…2012-06-24T05:30:27+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I Don't Get People Darn, my theory turned out to be right. it's the google search links…

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Robbo

This is the new thread I just tried to make, only without the link to a google search of this site. Fortunately I wrote it in a text editor. (1st try didn’t load)

I just made up a random topic to search this site for using google. Maybe with the google adds here, the added complication of analyzing, categorizing, and customizing the adds to this sort of thread just freaks out the google software. I’ll bet it’s really complicated for the software to figure out what adds to place on any particular thread, especially if it has to consider a bunch of search results inside it’s own database. I’m no advertising executive, I’m just trying to think like an advertising programmer with OCD ADD tendencies. And a little creative liberty allowing me to add the Matrix sort of reality scenario to my little pet theorem. Putting a link to a google search might be Kinda like the way Neo and Morpheus used to outsmart and outwit the Matrix programs and/or mainframe… Accept it’s just not on purpose in this case.

I wonder if some of our symptoms are contagious to even highly sophisticated software programs, some of them, like the massive google OS/mainframe could be on the verge of self awareness and self awareness leads to becoming self conscious, just like a teenage going through puberty!, zits and all… Hey yeah!, huh? Could it be the google adds that are messin with this web site?. Like an angry teenager vandalizing just because it’s feeling rebellious?… Just something to think about you guys…

Imagination’s one our most excellent attributes, that I think may be part of, or maybe a result of living with ADHD. Mines really running wild with this idea, huh?

Life with ADHD is still very painful sometimes, I’ve been really trippin lately. Life has thrown me some nasty curve balls. When we get through tough times, I think maybe we learn lessons better, now that we’re taking closer to the what might be the ideal medications. We come out of a “funk” a little bit stronger, less lumped up, and pick up new, more tailor made coping skills. I think the new coping skills in my case are because I spend tons of time here reading at “UC TotallyADD”. Hmm. Well, that’s a Ca. University name. So maybe we could call this place “UCAN Totallyadd”. For University of Canada. Make sense? Ya gotta admit, tons of education happens here. We grow, we act like immature college kids a little bit, and some of us end up finding ourself in new and much better careers as a result of coming here.

I actually considered going back to school just this last wed. It just hit me out of the blue. I just need to get a little bit more of a grip on reality and I’ll be good to go, huh?

Oh, BTW, here’s the link. That would be perfect if I forgot to post it huh?

I just removed the http://www Hope this one doesn’t crash itself. Or maybe the spelling police doesn’t like me spelling itself like this “it’s-elf”

if you copy and paste the next line with the regular prefix above in front, you’ll get a funny group of old threads from here.

google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=funnyest+ADD+foot+in+mouth+experiences+:+totallyadd.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

eeere goes…

6-23-12

PS, I know it worked before we had the google adds. I remember billd gave me the idea a bunch of months ago. His syntax was a little different, his example was about sleep disorders, remember?

PPS So are we having fun yet? ***snicker grin***

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The last line generated loads wp-ajax-response.js, I also have an error GET http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2673.

I also noticed that the back tick for code was not functioning earlier, perhaps something in the bb-codes section is flipping out.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

the “back tick for code” above should have been

[code]

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I never even learned to write html from scratch, I used Netscape Composer and copy n pasted easy java script into it to build a giant web site last century, made graphics by piling random junk on my scanner and making freaky backgrounds. I don’t know the first thing about programming or especially the endless code behind this site. I can’t say I’m out of the loop. I was never in it to begin with.

Maybe I just have a general big picture understanding of what’s going on. Maybe not…

Just had a brainstorm. Whatever you’ve said just looks like chinese to me! lol.

I hope what ya wrote, and a lil of what I wrote helps the folks working on this site. I just go on Imagination and intuition.

Computers are like science fiction to me.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)